Young America Township, Edgar County, Illinois
|Young America Township|
Location in Edgar County
Edgar County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||55.29 sq mi (143.2 km2)|
|• Land||55.29 sq mi (143.2 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||663 ft (202 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||687|
|• Density||13.1/sq mi (5.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|ZIP codes||61810, 61876, 61917, 61924, 61932, 61940, 61942|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 55.29 square miles (143.2 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains Young America Cemetery. The Young America Cemetery Association was organized in 1896, with forty shares of stock sold to purchase the grounds. The first interment in the cemetery was Byron Stark, 5 years of age, who died 26 June 1896. In 1898, the Association's stockholders asked the village of Hume to take over the cemetery and its debts, but the village refused. In April 1960, the voters of Young America Township voted to support the cemetery. The current tool house and flagpole were erected in 1960.
Airports and landing strips
- Hildreth Air Park
- Richardson Landing Strip
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Heritage Community Unit School District 8
- Jamaica Community Unit School District 12
- Shiloh Community Unit School District 1
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 110
- State Senate District 55
- "Young America Township, Edgar County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Early History of Hume", Hume 1873-1973, Palgrove Press, 1973.
- "Young America Cemetery 1896-1973", Hume: 1873-1973, Wesgrove Press, 1973.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.