Young Egypt Party
(Redirected from Young Egypt)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chairman||Abdul Hakim Abdul Majid Khalil|
|Founded||12 October 1989|
|Dissolved||18 September 2012|
Young Egypt Party|
(not legal predecessor)
|Merged into||Conference Party|
|Political position||Third Position|
|House of Representatives||
0 / 568
History and profile
The Party platform calls for:
- Establishing a parliamentary/presidential ruling system.
- Enhancing the Egyptian-Arab ties.
- Achieving integration with African countries.
- Adopting non-alignment policies[clarification needed].
- Establishing the socialist Islamic economic system and boosting the role of the private sector.
The Party fielded seven candidates to run for the 2000 legislative elections.
- "Misr El-Fatah (Young Egypt) Party". Egypt State Information Service. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- Ninette S. Fahmy (12 October 2012). The Politics of Egypt: State-Society Relationship. Routledge. p. 71. ISBN 978-1-136-12994-0. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "Misr El-Fatah (Young Egypt) Party". Egypt State Information Service. Archived from the original on 2008-11-20. Retrieved 16 December 2013.