Young European Leadership
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||International Non-profit Organisation|
|Headquarters||Boulevard Anspach, 169, 1000 Brussels, Belgium|
Following the Y8 and Y20 Summits in 2011– previously called G8 & G20 Youth Summits-held in Paris, France, the organization Youth AEGIS was founded by Radoslav Šoth. Its main goal was to recruit the delegates of the European Union for the next editions of the Y8 and Y20 Summits. AEGIS was renamed Young European Leadership in 2012. The new association was legally established in Brussels as an AISBL (international non-profit organization) the year after, in February 2013.
YEL trains young Europeans in leadership skills including public speaking and negotiation skills. YEL is also a platform for networking. Young adults participate in the Y8 and Y20 youth summits, as well as other European and international events.
Young European Council
Young European Leadership organised the Young European Council (YEC) 2014 in Brussels. It gathered students and young professionals from all over Europe to address three challenges: education to employment, digital revolution and technologies, and sustainable development in cities; exchanging with policy-makers from the European institutions and think-tank experts. Guest speakers included the then-European Commissioner for Climate Action, Ms. Connie Hedegaard.
Youth 8 and Youth 20 Summits
The Y8 and Y20 Summits are the official Group of Eight (G8) and Group of Twenty (G20) youth events. Young adults aged 18 to 29 are encouraged to provide innovative solutions to global challenges. Their proposals are then presented to the real heads of state of all G20 and G8 countries.
|UK and Russia||London and Saint Petersburg||Y8 & Y20||2013|
|United States and Mexico||Washington and Puebla||Y8 & Y20||2012|
|France||Paris||Y8 & Y20||2011|
|Canada||Vancouver||Y8 & Y20||2010|
Young European Council
The Young European Council is a simulation of the European Council for young people. The different national positions on a variety of issues discussed at the European level such as energy, the question of the Euro or EU-bilateral relations, are covered.
The role of YEL is not only the practical organization of the Council, but also to prepare delegates and offer support, so the participants are able to make the most of their experience. The participants are also given the chance to discuss with key policy-makers: diplomats and experts and European and International Affairs.
European Development Days
European Development Days is Europe's forum for international affairs and development cooperation. This initiative is sponsored by the European Commission and its premier goal is to consolidate the general view on development issues and create a unified approach to achieve more effective international cooperation. The international delegation of YEL to the EDD 2013 blended in with 10 delegates, 6 young women, 4 young men, from Croatia, Denmark, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, and the United States.
The YEL Society was a project to bring together university students as well as young professionals, involved, or prepared and excited to be, in European and global politics. The Young European Leadership Society (YEL Society) believes that young people must be given the chance to design the world they are living in.
- President: Tillmann Heidelk
- Vice-President of Programming: Luiza Nita
- Secretary General: Diana Carter
- Treasurer: Nadia Tjahja /
European and International Partners
In order to broaden its network and raise visibility on its work, YEL has several partners in Europe and worldwide.
- Future Lab Europe
- Europe & Me
- Young Initiative on Foreign Affairs and International Relations
- Bringing Europeans Together Association (BETA)
- Model European Union
- Model NATO Youth Summit
- United Nations Foundation
- "Young European Leadership - Citizens For Europe". Citizensforeurope.eu. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Y7/Y8 and Y20 Summits | Young European Leadership". www.younglead.eu. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- "Listen to the Commissioner for Climate Action Hedegaard at the YEC". Young European Leadership. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- "Y8/Y20 Summits (G8/G20 Youth Summits)". Youthpolicy.org. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "G8/G20 Youth Summit - The European". Theeuropean.de. 2010-06-26. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Innovative Proposals for the G20 Summit". Atlantic Community. 2013-05-02. Retrieved 2017-09-05.
- "Impact Interviews Ciarán Norris, Director of the Youth Diplomatic Services". Impact Magazine. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "The G20 Youth Summit 2012 | سفراء الإنجليزية". Sofaraa English. 2012-03-09. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Mladý Slovák zastupoval Slovensko a EÚ na mládežníckom summite G20 - Ekonomika". Teraz.Sk. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Studentische Teammitglieder für die Organisation und inhaltliche Vorbereitung des G8 Youth Summit 2010 in Kanada gesucht". Kooperation-international.de. 2009-05-29. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "G8 Youth Summit 2009 | BBA News Portal". Beedie.sfu.ca. 2009-01-26. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "La Bocconi si apre al G8 (degli studenti)". Viasarfatti25.unibocconi.it. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Stichwort: Der Model G8 Youth Summit | Politik |". DW.DE. 2008-07-03. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "DGAPbericht: Model G8 Youth Summit 2007". Idw-online.de:8008. 2007-04-16. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "A G8 Summit in Berlin, with Fresher Faces |". DW.DE. 2007-04-30. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Diplomatische Herausforderung für den politischen Nachwuchs | Politik |". DW.DE. 2008-07-03. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "European Council Simulation - Bruxelles 2013". Young Ambassadors Society. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "European Council Simulation". Wherevent. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Futurelabeurope - Empowering Young Voices". Futurelabeurope.eu. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Europe & Me - Brain". Europeandme.eu. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Freunde und Partner |". Ifair.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2014-06-13.