Type of site
|Founded||April 6, 2007(United States and Canada)|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Area served||USA, Canada, Europe, Asia, and South America|
|Key people||R.J. Williams (CEO)|
|Slogan(s)||It’s Not About Age, It’s About Attitude|
Young Hollywood is a privately held multimedia entertainment company founded in Los Angeles, California by R.J. Williams. Young Hollywood is a pioneer of web video, according to the Wall Street Journal,
The company licenses the “Young Hollywood” trademark domestically and internationally for a range of consumer products and services. In addition, they own a television network and are one of the world's largest producers and distributors of celebrity content in the digital space. Their content has received over 2 Billion views  and they have created branded content for companies such as Coca-Cola, Subway, H&M, Electronic Arts, Samsung, and Unilever.
What originally started off as a digital entertainment company turned into a next generation network. Young Hollywood owns and operates Young Hollywood TV, a 24/7 network that delivers premium long-form programming centered around celebrity and lifestyle topics.
Young Hollywood originally teamed up exclusively with Apple in the beginning of 2015 to launch the network with exclusive content that could only be found on their Apple TV platform. The channel premiered seven new original half-hour series and programming across multiple platforms including reality, scripted series, animation, and documentaries with a focus on topics such as entertainment, music, sports, fashion, and lifestyle.
The network airs over 500 hours of new programming content annually, including the music themed “Backstage Diaries” and "Food Feed”, as well as airing content from its library of more than 2500 hours of programming.
Young Hollywood content is known for not touching gossip and being anti-paparazzi. Their website, YoungHollywood.com, officially launched in 2007 and reached 3 million unique visitors per month.
Young Hollywood had become one of the largest producers of original celebrity online programming in Hollywood; forming partnerships with several leading online platforms, including Yahoo!, Hulu, AOL and YouTube. This hyper-distribution network reached upwards of 100 million viewers. Eventually Young Hollywood evolved from these content partnerships to its latest iteration - producing original content for over-the-top channels on the Apple TV and Roku platforms.
Young Hollywood has been compared to MTV, in that they both offer a full 360 degree approach to reach millennials. They both create original content, have a built in distribution network with a significant marketing arm to get eyeballs on their content, and have direct relationships with advertisers.
Young Hollywood created the first live streamed hit show on the live.ly platform which has a user base of over 95 million. The premiere episode of Young Hollywood’s series had nearly 600,000 live viewers. Other notable Live.ly users include Mark Cuban and Time inc.
YH grew their audience by creating a street team of fan ambassadors that promote Young Hollywood to their friends and fans 
Young Hollywood teamed up with Google for their channel initiative to launch "The Young Hollywood Network" (YHN) in January 2012 on YouTube. Other brands included in the initiative included WWE and The Wall Street Journal YouTube is gambling $100 million that by seeding professional production firms such as Young Hollywood — whose slate of YouTube-only programming premiered Monday January 16, 2012— it will draw more eyeballs for longer viewing sessions The Young Hollywood channel on YouTube is ranked #12 on the "Top YouTube Original Channels of All-Time" list that is compiled by AdAge magazine. Young Hollywood has been featured in such publications as Forbes, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, The Hollywood Reporter, The Wrap, Adage, Variety and Fast Company and on such Broadcast outlets as ABC News, Fox news, Jimmy Kimmel, CNN, Entertainment Tonight, and BBC World News
In April 2010, Young Hollywood formed a strategic partnership with the Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills to build a fiber-optic enabled, high-definition broadcast studio within the hotel property, from where it conducts scheduled celebrity interviews on a daily basis.
In August 2011, The Young Hollywood Salad was launched at the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel
In 2013, Young Hollywood laid out plans to expand the brand Internationally. To kick off their International plans, they formed a joint venture with Momentum, a division of Interpublic; the world's 3rd largest advertising agency with over 44,000 employees and offices in over 100 countries  The first initiative under this partnership would be surrounding the 2014 World Cup in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Young Hollywood also formed an exclusive international content distribution deal with Fremantle Media, the company behind American Idol, X Factor and America's Got Talent and one of the largest creators, producers and distributors of television brands in the world. The first two series under the agreement have sold to over 30 International territories  
- "Web Video Pioneer Young Hollywood Launches Linear TV Network on Apple TV". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2015-07-21.
- Techcrunch Crunchbase – CrunchBase, 22 May 2010
- Young Hollywood Momentum Plan New Digital Channel– Broadcasting and Cable, 15 July 2012
- Hollywood launching long form OTT Network – Stream Daily, 24th October 2014
-  – The Hollywood Reporter, 24 November 2015
-  – Entertainment Weekly, 24 March 2015
- Hollywood Introduces Long-Form, OTT Network ‘Young Hollywood TV’ – Tubefilter, 24th October 2014
- Young Hollywood Founder R.J. Williams Talks Staying Ahead of the Digital Game- The Wrap, 31 May 2013
- Inside the Suite Life of Young Hollywood – Tubefilter, 15 September 2010
- Young Hollywood Builds Studio: Video site pacts with Hulu, Yahoo and TV Guide – Variety, 16 April 2010
- Young Hollywood Focuses on Video Ad Quality As It Ramps Up PMP Days– adexchanger, 3 June 2016
- Can Young Hollywood Be The Next MTV? – Fortune Magazine, 20 June 2016
- Musical.ly Lively App Nears 500,000 downloads Already Has First Live Streamed Hit Show – Variety, 28 June 2016
- Mussical.lys new Live Streaming App gets close to 500,000 Installs in First Four Days– Tubefilter, 28 June 2016
- – Jimmy Kimmel Live, 22 June 2012
- Meet The creators of YouTube Channels videos -Wall Street Journal, 31 October 2011
- Will YouTube's Hollywood Experiment Pay Off? – The Hollywood Reporter, 31 October 2011
- YouTube spends $100 million to redefine TV – USA Today, 12 January 2012
- Top YouTube Original channels of all time – Adage, 15 October 2012
-  YH Articles in print -Corporate Site
- YH on TV YH on TV-Corporate Site
- Hotel bets on studio to attract Hollywood crowd – Los Angeles Times, 18 June 2010
- A Rare Peek Inside Young Hollywood's Studio, the Inspiration Behind a New Summer Salad – Pop Sugar, 10 August 2011
- Interpublic Group- Interpublic Corporate Site
- "Fremantle Media International and young Hollywood strike exclusive first look deal". Fremantle Media content catalogue. 28 January 2014.
- "Fremantle International extends deal with Young Hollywood". The Hollywood Reporter, 28 January 2014.