|President||Ingvar Smári Birgisson|
|Founded||27 June 1930|
|Headquarters||1 Haaleitisbraut |
|Ideology||Liberal conservatism |
|Mother party||Independence Party|
|International affiliation||International Young Democrat Union|
|European affiliation||Democrat Youth Community of Europe |
European Young Conservatives
|Nordic affiliation||Nordic Young Conservative Union|
It is conservative, like its mother party, but often expresses more classical liberal views. The party can conduct its own policy and campaigns. In 2011, it criticised capital controls, subsidies to the Symphony Orchestra, and the application for EU membership. In February 2011, it ran an advert in Morgunblaðið that urged Independence Party MPs to vote against the government paying foreign liabilities accrued by Icesave. SUS put forward an alternative budget in 2010, and criticised Independence Party MPs for following convention by not voting against the government's budget.
Its largest branch is its Reykjavík branch, Heimdallur.
- (in Icelandic) "SUS heldur upp á 75 ára afmæli". Morgunblaðið. 27 June 2005. Retrieved 27 November 2011.
- (in Icelandic) "Vona að mitt framboð verði hvatning fyrir aðrar konur". Morgunblaðið. 16 September 1997. Retrieved 27 November 2011.
- (in Icelandic) "Fagna erlendri fjárfestingu". Morgunblaðið. 12 September 2011. Retrieved 27 November 2011.
- (in Icelandic) "SUS fagnar mögulegu verkfalli Sinfóníunnar". Morgunblaðið. 5 October 2011. Retrieved 27 November 2011.
- (in Icelandic) "Vilja að þingmenn íhugi stöðu sína". Morgunblaðið. 26 August 2011. Retrieved 27 November 2011.
- (in Icelandic) "Skora á þingmenn". Morgunblaðið. 16 February 2011. Retrieved 27 November 2011.
- (in Icelandic) "SUS svekkt út í þingmenn Sjálfstæðisflokksins". Morgunblaðið. 17 December 2010. Retrieved 27 November 2011.
- (in Icelandic) Young Independents official website