Young Money (magazine)
- Not to be confused with Young Money Entertainment.
Young Money is a bi-monthly publication that specializes in financial information for young adults. It seeks to "change the way young adults earn, manage, invest and spend money." Young Money was launched in 1999 and "specifically focuses on money management, entrepreneurship, careers, investing, technology, travel, entertainment and automotive topics". The magazine is headquartered in Orlando, Florida.
Young Money magazine offers financial advice for young adults. USA Today noted that Young Money "shifted its focus to the college-aged market" in 2002 The Washington Post described Young Money as "a personal finance magazine for adolescents". Todd Romer, the publisher of Young Money, was quoted in the Post article stating "More teens today are becoming aware of the significant advantage of starting to manage their money now while they're young".
Featuring young entrepreneurs
Young Money magazine often profiles the business experiences of young entrepreneurs. For example in 2005 it profiled the founders of theplacefinder.com, a website that provides detailed information about housing for college students. Additionally in 2005 it featured the founders of workscited4u.com, a website that automatically generates works cited pages. The article reported on the experiences of the site's founders in setting up the website and maintaining it.
- NY state banking department web site (broken link).
- About Young Money magazine
- "Young Money Magazine Re-Launches To The College Market With New Look And Feel". PR Newswire. Orlando, Florida. April 19, 2002. Retrieved December 2, 2015.
- Mindy Fetterman (October 29, 2004). "Young People are Spending Big, and Investing too". USA Today
- Salmon, Jaqueline (17 May 1999). "First Flush Of Youth; Teenagers Cash In On Hot Economy". The Washington Post/HighBeam Research. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- Kenaa Fields (2004). "Business Help Students Find Homes". Young Money
- Shaffer, Stefanie (2005). "Students Fight Plagiarism, Earn Profits". Young Money
- "The Orlando Sentinel, Fla., Media Column". The Orlando Sentinel. December 16, 2002.
- USA Today. June 26, 2007 http://www.usatoday.com/educate/college/education/articles/20041107.htm. Missing or empty
- "NewsLibrary.com – newspaper archive, clipping service – newspapers and other news sources". 21 December 1998.