Young Radicals of the Left
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Young Radicals of the Left
Jeunes Radicaux de Gauche
|Secretary General||Robin Lagarrigue|
|Mother party||Radical Party of the Left|
|International affiliation||International Federation of Liberal Youth (IFLRY)|
|European affiliation||European Liberal Youth (LYMEC)|
The Young Radicals of the Left (French: Jeunes Radicaux de Gauche abbreviated as JRG), are the youth organisation of the French social-liberal Radical Party of the Left. In opposition to its common understanding of its name, the YRL are a moderate centre-left political party.
The party gathers members under 30 years of age all throughout France.
It is led by its President elected for 2 years by all members of the party. The President itself appoints six members of the National Board and furthermore, the President also appoints National Officers. Since May 2008, the party organises itself autonomously within the Radical Party of the Left.
- President: Yanis MALLION
- Vice-President: Benjamin SATGE
- Vice-President: Nicolas SAUZEAT
- Vice-President: Noémie VERAQUIN
- General Secretary: Clémentine-Audrey SIMONNET
- Deputy General Secretary: Anaïs SALABERT
- Treasurer: AXEL BOSSY
The Young Radicals of the Left have 12 National Officers.
The national council is the sovereign body of the Young Radicals of the Left and gathers the 7 members of the National Board, the 12 National Officers, Regional Delegates and members who are representing the YRL in various institutions.
Jean-Francois AUDUC (1973), Jean-Pierre MATTEI (1976-1977), Jean-Maurice DUVAL (1977-1978), Daniel SEJOURNE (1980-1981), Bruno MARTIN (1981-1984), Daniel GUERIN (1984-1986), Jean-Marc AMBROSINI (1986-1987), Thierry BRAILLARD (1987-1991), Julien DUQUENNE (2002-2005), Olivier MAILLEBUAU (2005-2010), Sandra-Elise REVIRIEGO (2010-2012), Selim-Alexandre ARRAD-BAUDEAN (2012-2014), Géraldine GUILPAIN (2014-2016)
- The YRL advocate republicanism, insisting on laïcité (secularism), and positioning them against the idea of affirmative action as advocating equality of treatment between all citizens.
- The YRL also defend the idea of individual and civil liberties and the concept of progressivism supporting gay marriage, right to abort and euthanasia.
- The Young Radicals of the Left desire a 6th Republic with more transparent and democratic institutions.
- The YRL support the idea of a Federal Europe and support also the accession of Turkey to the European Union.
- The Young Radicals of the Left wishes to apply the concept of Laïcité over the whole territory of France (nowaday, in Alsace and Moselle, secularism between the Church and the State is still not implemented). They asked for introducing the notion of secularism in the IFLRY Manifesto in Istanbul in 2011; their motion was accepted.
- Since 2014 : Yanis Malion (Vice-President in charge of external relationships)
- 2012-2014 : Olympio Kyprianou
- 2010-2012 : Nasha Gagnebin
- 2008-2010 : Romain Rocher
- 2008 : Sandra-Elise Reviriego
- 2006-2008 : Michel Lejeune-Mengwang
- 2006 : Caroline Gillet
- The time is now for young liberals as LYMEC holds pre-election Congress in Bucharest, 19/11/2013.