|Origin||Hamilton, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||Indie rock, alternative rock, Surf Rock, Neo-psychedelia|
|Associated acts||The Ride Theory|
|Past members||Kyle Kuchmey|
Young Rival is a Canadian indie rock band from Hamilton, Ontario. The group consists of singer-guitarist Aron D’Alesio, bassist John Smith, and drummer Noah Fralick. Guitarist Kyle Kuchmey left the band at the end of 2009. In the early 2000s, the group was called The Ride Theory, and released two full-length albums under that name. They changed both the band's name and its musical style in 2007. After releasing an EP, the band toured as opening act for The Sadies and for Born Ruffians. Young Rival is signed to Sonic Unyon.
The debut album was recorded partly in Toronto at HallaMusic Recording Studios and partly in New York City. The band enlisted the talents of American Artist James Kuhn to provide face paint art and lip synching talent for the video for "Two Reasons" off their upcoming October 23, 2012 release.
- 2010: Young Rival
- 2012: Stay Young
- 2015: Interior Light
- 2016: Strange Light
- 2008: Young Rival EP
|2012||"Two Reasons"||39||Stay Young|
|"—" denotes a release that did not chart.|
- Harper, Kate (December 16, 2009). "Young Rival Lose Member", Chartattack.com. Retrieved May 6, 2010.
- Trapunski, Richard (April 29, 2010). "Young guns: Young Rival turn a setback into a much-needed kick in the pants", Now. Retrieved May 6, 2010.
- Morris, Dave (April 28, 2010). "Young Rival's true Hamilton grit: Changing tastes and a defection slow this rock trio down, but these hearts were meant to run free", Eye Weekly. Retrieved May 6, 2010.
- D'Aliesio, Valentina (March 16, 2010). "Young Rival at CMW 2010", Chartattack.com. Retrieved May 6, 2010.
- Harper, Kate (June 19, 2009). "Young Rival's Van Stolen", Chartattack.com. Retrieved May 6, 2010.
- "Freaky music video is only rock 'n' roll face paint, but we like it". now.msn.com. Retrieved 2012-10-28.
|This article about a Canadian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|