Young Soon Hue
|Young Soon Hue|
|Revised Romanization||Heo Yongsun|
Young Soon Hue (born 1963) is a contemporary ballet choreographer. She was born in South Korea and trained in South Korea and France. She began her professional career at Frankfurt Ballet, Germany, under the direction of William Forsythe and continued in Switzerland with Zurich Ballet and as soloist at Basel Ballet. She concluded her active dance career as a principal at the Deutsche Oper am Rhein and continues as instructor in their school.
Elle Chante is her first major choreographic work, created on Ballett am Rhein in 2001. She has since created works for numerous companies, including Tulsa Ballet, Queensland Ballet, Brisbane, Australia, and the Korea National Ballet Company.
Under commission by Tulsa Ballet, she choreographed This Is Your Life, premiered in April 2008. It has since been performed by Aalto Ballett Theater, Essen, Germany, the National Ballet of Turkey, Ankara, and in 2009, by Tulsa Ballet in its New York City program at the Joyce Theater.
- "유니버설발레단 자신있게 추천", Korea Art TV, 2011-06-02, retrieved 2011-09-20
- Ballett am Rhein, Faculty
- Gretchen Collins, "Tulsa Ballet Opens Studio K/Kivisto Hall at Tulsa Studio", Dance Magazine, June 2008
- Reviews: Gia Kourlas, "Cheekily Stylish, Playfully Tacky", Dance Review, The New York Times, August 11, 2009,
Wendy Perron, "Tulsa Ballet’s Dancers Carry the Day", Dance Magazine, August 13, 2009
- Playbill, Tulsa Ballet, Joyce Theater, August 11–15, 2009, "Who's Who in the Company."
- James D. Watts, Jr., "Tulsa Ballet Going All-Out in NY," Tulsa World, August 2, 2009.