Young and in the Way
|Young and in the Way|
|Origin||Charlotte, North Carolina, United States|
|Genres||Black metal, Crust punk|
|Labels||Deathwish Inc., Antithetic Records, A389 Recordings|
Young and in the Way was a black metal/crust punk band from Charlotte, North Carolina, formed in 2009. Their music was described as "cold, hard and loud." They were formerly signed to Deathwish Inc.
Since forming in 2009 the band have released both independently and through Antithetic Records, Headfirst Records and A389 Recordings. The band confirmed via their Facebook page that their new album When Life Comes to Death will be released worldwide by Deathwish Inc. in 2014.
In February 2018, members of Young and in the Way were accused of multiple allegations of sexual assault. The alleged crimes were first brought to light by the Detroit, Michigan venue Trumbullplex, citing three incidents dating back to mid-2014. This revelation resulted in the band being pulled from a few then-upcoming music festivals and also being dropped by their label Deathwish, before ultimately disbanding. In response to allegations, the band stated that they did not support what happened to the victims and denied any involvement, but chose broke up because they could not provide evidence to prove their innocence. In part of a social media post, the Young and in the Way stated: "We stand by what we said when we learned about this incident – no member of our band was responsible for this crime. Let us be very clear – our response to this accusation is not an attempt to discredit the victim, we believe her, we’re sorry this happened to her, and we support her. But it was not us."
- Kable Lyall – vocals (2009–2018)
- Randy Baucom – drums (2009–2018)
- Rick Contes – guitar (2009–2018)
- Chris Nolen – bass (2009–2018)
- Robbie Stroud – guitar (2017–2018)
- Newborn (2009)
- Amen (2010)
- Cloven Hoof (2010)
- V. Eternal Depression (2011)
- Split 7" w/ Torch Runner (2011)
- Split 7" w/ Moral Void (2013)
- Split 7" w/ Withdrawal (2013)
- Split 7" w/ Gatecreeper (2016)
- "Times Are Cold" (2011)
- "The Gathering" (2012)
- "Be My Blood" (2014)
- "Final Dose" (2014)
- Bryne - "Young and in the Way Joins A389 Recordings", PunkNews.org
- Reed, Bryan - "Crust Fallen", Shuffle Magazine, Issue 9A - pg. 5 - retrieved 2012-28-12
- YAITW official facebook, When Death Comes To Life - retrieved 2013-05-06
- AltPress (staff) (February 26, 2018). "Black metal band break up amid sexual assault accusations". Alternative Press. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Pasbani, Robert (February 26, 2018). "Young and in the Way Disband After Accusations of Sexual Assault Surface; Band Denies Any Wrongdoing". Metal Injection. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Yardly, Miranda (April 15, 2016). "Listen to the Gatecreeper/Young And In The Way split". Terrorizer. Dark Arts Ltd. Retrieved April 15, 2016.