Youngsville High School
|Youngsville High School|
|227 College Street
Youngsville, Pennsylvania 16371
|School type||Public Senior High School|
|School district||Warren County School District|
|NCES District ID||4224820|
|NCES School ID||422482004135|
|Number of students||317|
|• Grade 9||74|
|• Grade 10||74|
|• Grade 11||70|
|• Grade 12||70|
|Student to teacher ratio||13:1|
|Campus size||104, 995 Square Feet / 17 Acre Site|
|Color(s)||Red and White|
|Athletics||John Victor, Athletic Director|
|Athletics conference||PIAA District X|
|Feeder schools||Youngsville Elementary/Middle School|
|Website||Youngsville High School|
Youngsville High School is one of four secondary campuses operated in Warren County, Pennsylvania, by the Warren County School District. The Youngsville campus was built in 1905 and had its last major set of renovations and additions in 1985.
The school day begins at 8 AM and ends at 3:07PM. The school day is broken into eight periods, plus a homeroom to begin the day and a two-tiered lunch grouping. Most students have one period a day where they attend a study hall instead of a course.
There are three computer labs in the building.
Breakfast and lunch service is offered.
A three-person team of Youngsville High School seniors won the 2017 Warren County Teen Driving Competition. The competition challenged the teens to demonstrate their skills and knowledge through a combination of a slow-drive obstacle course, a pre-trip vehicle assessment, as well as written and perception tests.
Youngsville participates in PIAA District 10:
|Basketball||Class AA||Class A|
|Cross Country||Class AA||Class AA|
|Track and Field||Class AA||Class AA|
Youngsville won the Region Championship in football most recently in 2011, going 10-0 for an undefeated season. The school's football team was lost in March 2017, when the school district decided to combine the team with that of Warren Area High School.
The following is a list of clubs offered at YHS:
- Academic Bowl
- Aquila, Yearbook
- Eagle Eye
- National Honor Society
- Student Council
- Technology Student Association (TSA)
Vocational education opportunities
Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors at Youngsville have the opportunity to spend half of each school day at the Warren County Career Center in Warren, where they can learn from one of fourteen career programs, as well as earn advanced placement credits for post-secondary education in some cases.
- "High School Feasibility Study" (PDF). Warren County School District. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "NCES – School Search". U.S. Department of Education. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "Official Enrollment – 10/03/2011" (PDF). Warren County School District. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "Warren County students take part in teen driving competition | News, Sports, Jobs - Times Observer". www.timesobserver.com. Retrieved 2017-05-30.
- PA, Bracket (2011). "District Champion Bracket" (PDF). Pennlive.com.
- "Youngsville football to co-op with Warren | News, Sports, Jobs - Times Observer". www.timesobserver.com. Retrieved 2017-05-30.