|Member of the European Parliament|
|Assumed office |
4 January 2012
|Constituency||Overseas Territories of France|
|Born||30 September 1969 (age 53)|
Saint-Denis, Réunion, France
|Political party||La France insoumise|
|Alliance of the Overseas|
|Alma mater||Pantheon-Sorbonne University|
Younous Omarjee (born 30 September 1969 in Saint-Denis, Réunion) is a French politician who has been serving as a Member of the European Parliament since 4 January 2012. He sits with the Confederal Group of the European United Left - Nordic Green Left.
Since July 2019, Omarjee has been chairing the European Parliament Committee on Regional Development. He is also a member of the Conference of Committee Chairs, of the European Parliament Committee on Budgets and of the European Parliament Committee on Budgetary Control.
In addition to his committee assignments, Omarjee is one of the vice-presidents of the European Parliament Anti-Racism and Diversity Intergroup and a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on LGBT Rights, the European Parliament Intergroup on the Welfare and Conservation of Animals, and the URBAN Intergroup.
- "Home | MEPs | European Parliament". www.europarl.europa.eu. Retrieved 4 March 2020.
- Bureau European Parliament Anti-Racism and Diversity Intergroup.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on LGBTI Rights.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on the Welfare and Conservation of Animals.
- Members URBAN Intergroup.