|Born||16 June 1968|
|Other names||Sayyedi (Honourable), AlGohar, Mohammad Younus|
|Alma mater||Manchester University, Cambridge University|
|Organization(s)||Messiah Foundation International, Mehdi Foundation International, Kalki Avatar Foundation|
|Awards||'Man of Valour', 'Universal Peace Ambassador'|
Younus AlGohar (یونس الگوھر, born Mohammad Younus; 16 June 1969) is a British co-founder of Messiah Foundation International (also known as Kalki Avatar Foundation and Mehdi Foundation International), a spiritual organisation which advocates for Riaz Ahmed Gohar Shahi mystical teachings and claims he is the Messiah (Mahdi). He authored the books Mysterious Horizons – Beyond God (2007), and Nisāb-e-Mehdi نصا ب مہدی (2010).
Messiah Foundation International
RAGS International was founded by Riaz Ahmed Gohar Shahi in 1980, and renamed in 2000 as Messiah Foundation International. The first centre for MFI was established in London, which is the headquarters of MFI. MFI has grown to include centres in Canada, USA, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Japan, Australia, India, Greece, Thailand, Bangladesh, Taiwan and Pakistan and Nepal.
Beliefs and views
AlGohar considers himself a "devout servant" of Shahi who practices "The Religion of God", which AlGohar says Shahi has introduced to humanity. According to AlGohar, he believes in all the Prophets, the Messengers and the saints regardless of their religion. He asserts that he does not reject or hate any religion but believes that the spiritual system in all religions, which helped humanity find God, has diminished due to modifications in the religions. According to him, his goals include preaching spirituality irrespective of religious or cultural boundaries, revolutionising humanity by reviving spiritual insight, establishing inner and outer peace, eliminating hatred from society, enlightening hearts with divine energy, and heralding the second coming of Jesus Christ and Riaz Ahmed Gohar Shahi. He has openly challenged Islamic Scholars to have "a healthy debate on this topic should it arise a theological reservation among the minds of petty scholars." In particular, AlGohar has challenged Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri to debates on spirituality, saints, Imam Mehdi and Islam. AlGohar also declares that the world is in the end times.
Stand against Terrorism
AlGohar opposes Wahhabism which he considers a threat to Islam and the entire world. He has spoken out against ISIS. He believes that Wahhabism is the ideology of Islamic militants, stating that madrassas teaching the Wahhabi ideology are engaging in hate preaching and are producing terrorists. He has urged world leaders to impose sanctions on Saudi Arabia for their role in promoting terrorism. He has called for Wahhabism to be banned in the United Kingdom, United States of America and India. He engages in efforts to de-radicalise Muslim youth by promoting Sufism and has started an initiative called Young Sufis of the Great Britain with the Messiah Foundation International for this purpose.
Malaysian Court Ruling
AlGohar criticised the October 2013 Malaysian court ruling banning non-Muslims from using the word, 'Allah'. He accused the judges who made the decision of being 'highly ignorant, shortsighted and prejudiced.' He argued that to confine Allah to Islam was to suggest that the God of Muslims was different from the God of all others and that it was shirk.
Prosecution and Persecution
Many attempts were made on the lives of Gohar Shahi and Younus AlGohar including a petrol bomb thrown into AlGohar's residence in Manchester, where Shahi stayed when he toured[when?] the United Kingdom.
In August 2014, AlGohar was a vocal supporter of Imran Khan's rally against electoral fraud in Pakistan's 2013 elections. AlGohar's support of Imran Khan and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf was a matter of controversy in the Pakistani media, drawing comments from Nusrat Javed and Mushtaq Minhas, who alleged on Bolta Pakistan that AlGohar was funding Imran Khan's campaign and conspiring against Pakistan. Immediately after the episode was aired, Mehdi Foundation International posted AlGohar's video response on their YouTube channel, in which AlGohar stated that he had no affiliation with Imran Khan, but was rather hoping for justice. Shireen Mazari soon issued a statement distancing Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf from AlGohar. AlGohar later withdrew his support of Imran Khan.
In 2013, AlGohar was convicted of benefit fraud. He pleaded guilty to 11 out of 12 charges of dishonesty under the Social Security Administration Act 1992. AlGohar was ordered to pay a £6000 fine and perform 240 hours of community service.
AlGohar was featured in an article by the Lakbima newspaper and was interviewed by the Sri Lankan newspaper, The Island. He was featured by Your Local Guardian in 2009. He was also interviewed by various Sri Lankan media in 2011, 2012 and 2015, including The Sunday Leader and the Island. He was covered by Tamil language newspapers and television stations. In addition, he was invited by the Brahma Kumaris to speak on 'The Call of Time' in Sri Lanka and by Good Morning Sri Lanka to discuss spirituality. AlGohar was also invited by TNL TV in Sri Lanka to explain the message of Kalki Avatar Foundation. During his tour of Sri Lanka in December 2013, he was interviewed on TNL TV again and spoke on ITN Prime TV's Face On. His visit was also covered by national Tamil-language newspapers. AlGohar's comments on the Malaysian court ruling regarding the prohibition of the word 'Allah' for non-Muslims were published in Free Malaysia Today in January and February 2014. In Phoenix, Arizona, he was interviewed by Asia Today about his beliefs, Shahi and Messiah Foundation International. His next interviews with the Island were published in September 2015 and May 2016. His article entitled 'Dysfunctionality of Religions' was published by Asia Today in September 2016. His commentary on Saudi Arabia's links to Wahhabism were noted in an article published in News Rescue.
|Name of Book||In Urdu||Translation||Year of Publication||Content|
|Rukhsār-e-Riaz||رخسار ریاض||The Face of Riaz||2002||Poetry|
|Malfoozāt-e-Mehdi||ملفوظات مہدی||Sayings Pertaining to the Mehdi||2002||Educational Book|
|Dastoor-e-Riaz||دستور ریاض||The Riazian Constitution||2002||Educational Book|
|Mysterious Horizons – Beyond God||–||–||2007||Educational Book|
|Nisāb-e-Mehdi||نصاب مہدی||The Chapter of the Mehdi||2010||Educational Book|
|Imam um Mubeen||امام مّبین||The Elusid Imam||2012||Educational Book|
- UN Human Rights Council, 28 February 2008, p. 27
- "The Official Representative of Lord Ra Riaz Gohar Shahi". YounusAlGohar.com. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- Morell, Steve A. (7 September 2008), "The Kalkia Avatar Foundation exemplifies Divine Love", The Island, retrieved 11 October 2009
- "Spiritual Leader Speaks of a Love Unsurpassed", The Sunday Leader, Sri Lanka, 29 May 2011, retrieved 20 December 2011
- "Spreading Divine Love Messiah Foundation International". Sunday Leader. 1 January 2012. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "MFI Nepal Opens its Doors" (Press release). MFI Media. 26 February 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "Founding of MFI". Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- Whalley, Kirsty (30 September 2009). "Croydon religious leader faces life in Pakistani jail for his beliefs". Your Local Guardian. London. Retrieved 11 October 2009.
- "Episode". Indraya Piramugar. Colombo, Sri Lanka. 14 January 2012. 96:49 minutes in. DAN TV.[dead link]
- Structure and objective of the Mehdi Foundation and the perception of this movement in Pakistan (PDF), 5 December 2008, retrieved 11 October 2009
- "Do you await a Messianic personality?". 17 November 2008. Retrieved 11 October 2009.
- "Chai with...His Holiness Younus AlGohar of Messiah Foundation International" (PDF), Asia Today, September 2014, archived from the original (PDF) on 10 October 2014, retrieved 7 October 2014
- "His Holiness Younus AlGohar's Challenge to Tahir ul Qadri". 18 April 2010. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- "2026 and Humanity". 20 February 2011. Retrieved 6 April 2011.
- End of the world: The apocalypses that await us if we make it through today, 7 October 2015, archived from the original on 7 May 2022, retrieved 7 October 2015
- Gabbatt, Adam (28 September 2015), "Apocalypse now and again … your choice of dates for the end of the world", The Guardian, retrieved 1 October 2015
- End Of The World 2015: NASA Slams Conspiracy Theorists' Apocalypse Threats, Says No Scientific Basis For Imminent Mass Destruction, 1 October 2015, retrieved 2 October 2015
- Younus AlGohar's Solution to Terrorism, retrieved 19 October 2015
- HH Younus AlGohar's Challenge to ISIS, retrieved 19 October 2015
- Sign Petition for Ban on Wahhabism, 4 March 2016, retrieved 10 March 2016
- Young Sufis of the Great Britain – Monthly meetup August, 23 August 2014, retrieved 19 October 2015
- "Pakistani cleric slams "ignorant" Allah ruling", Free Malaysia Today, 22 January 2014, retrieved 31 January 2014
- "Allah row: Pakistani cleric blames Umno", Free Malaysia Today, 3 February 2014, retrieved 4 February 2014
- Gohar Shahi, Riaz Ahmed (2000). The Religion of God. United States: Balboa Press. pp. xi. ISBN 978-1-45254-908-8. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- "Who is Holiness". via Yahoo Geocities. Archived from the original on 23 November 2001. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- "Jirga's Apeal....". Bolta Pakistan. Lahore, Pakistan. 18 September 2014. 39:57 minutes in. Aaj TV.
- "Younus AlGohar's Challenge to Aaj TV". YouTube. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "PTI totally distances itself from statements by Younis Al-Gohar: Dr Shireen Mazari (sic)". Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "MFI to Host Press Conference for Pakistani Media in Toronto". Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Self-proclaimed mystic convicted of £77,000 benefit fraud". Your Local Guardian. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- Shah Baba (12 March 2015), Younas Algohar exposed by BBC London, retrieved 3 May 2017[dead YouTube link]
- "His Holiness Younus AlGohar speaks to the Lakbima Newspaper". Retrieved 6 July 2013.
- "Spiritual Leader From UK Visits Sri Lanka". Sunday Leader. 13 September 2015. Retrieved 19 October 2015.
- Perera, Suresh (24 December 2011), "The practice of rituals alone does not initiate the heart with divine love", The Island, retrieved 25 December 2011
- "The message of Divine Love has been very successful in Sri Lanka – MFI CEO", The Island, 28 May 2011, retrieved 10 April 2014
- "Thinakaran Newspaper's Article about the Ra Ram Conference", Thinakaran, 9 January 2012, retrieved 17 January 2012
- "Virakesari Newspaper's Special Coverage of Ra Ram Conference", Virakesari, 8 January 2012, retrieved 17 January 2012
- "Sudar Oli Newspaper Covers the Ra Ram Conference", Sudar Oli, 6 January 2012, retrieved 17 January 2012
- "Upcoming Events". Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "HH Younus AlGohar's lecture on Call of Time at Brahma Kumari Centre, Sri Lanka a great success". Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "His Holiness Younus AlGohar interviewed by MTV Sports, Sri Lanka". YouTube. Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "The TNL Channel Interviews His Holiness Younus AlGohar". Jeewithay Sundarai. Colombo, Sri Lanka. 28 March 2013. 00:00 minutes in. TNL TV.
- "TNL TV Interviews His Holiness Younus AlGohar". Jeewithay Sundarai. Colombo, Sri Lanka. 17 December 2013. 00:00 minutes in. TNL TV.
- "Face on Interview with His Holiness Younus AlGohar". Face On. Colombo, Sri Lanka. 20 January 2014. 00:00 minutes in. ITN Prime TV.
- "Worship Programme Arranged by Kalki Avatar Foundation", Tamil Daily Mirror, 23 December 2013, archived from the original on 27 January 2014, retrieved 30 January 2014
- "Thinakkural Newspaper Covers His Holiness Younus AlGohar's visit to Vishnu Temple!", Kalki Avatar Foundation, 18 December 2013, retrieved 30 January 2014
- "'A person becomes a better human being when not overpowered by hatred' — Younus AlGohar", The Island, 5 September 2015, retrieved 7 September 2015
- "'My message is love, peace, tolerance and universal brotherhood'— Younus Al Gohar", The Island, 22 May 2016, retrieved 31 May 2016
- "Dysfunctionality of Religions" (PDF), Asia Today, 1 September 2016, retrieved 21 September 2016
- ""We Are Not Wahhabi, We Do Not Sponsor Terror," Saudi Arabia Writes Article To Defend Itself From Terror Sponsor Label", News Rescue, 11 March 2016, retrieved 21 September 2016