Your Loving Arms
|"Your Loving Arms"|
|Single by Billie Ray Martin|
|from the album Deadline for My Memories|
|Billie Ray Martin singles chronology|
"Your Loving Arms" is a 1994 song by German artist Billie Ray Martin from her debut solo album, Deadline for My Memories. Written by Martin and David Harrow, it is known to be one of her most notable singles. It was produced by English electronic dance group The Grid and was originally released in October 1994. But the track found greater chart success in 1995, where it peaked at number-one on Billboard's Hot Dance Club Songs and number 6 on the UK Singles Chart. In Italy the song also peaked at number-one. On the Eurochart Hot 100, "Your Loving Arms" reached number 21. There were made two different music videos for the song. In 1996, Mixmag ranked the song number 47 in its '100 Greatest Dance Singles Of All Time' list.
Billboard wrote that "the former lead singer of Electribe 101 gets a long-overdue shot at solo stardom with an NRGetic dance number that makes excellent use of her milky soprano range. Her torchy style makes an intriguing contrast with the Grid's cool and rigid groove production." The Gavin Report commented, "There's something in Billie Ray's voice that is simply magnetic. This one-time member of London's Electribe 101 releases a lot of electricity on her own as proven by one super hot dance track." Music & Media wrote, "Is there such a thing as adult-orientated pop dance? If there isn't yet, then it is debuting right here thanks to a lady who looks like Marianne Faithfull's twin sister with the voice of Carly Simon." AllMusic editor John Bush described the song as a "magical electro-pop track" in his review of Deadline for My Memories.
Charts and certifications
- "The 100 Greatest Dance Singles of All Time". ravehistory.homestead.com. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Billboard: NEW & NOTEWORTHY" (PDF). Billboard magazine. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- Sholin, Dave (1995-03-17). "Gavin Picks > Singles" (PDF). Gavin Report. No. 2046. p. 46. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
- "New Releases: Singles" (PDF). Music & Media (1994-02-12, page 12). Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "Billie Ray Martin - Deadline for My Memories". AllMusic. Retrieved 2020-02-17.
- "The ARIA Australian Top 100 Singles Chart – Week Ending 12 Nov 1995". Imgur.com. Retrieved 17 May 2016. N.B. The HP column displays the highest peak reached.
- Ryan, Gavin (2011). Australia's Music Charts 1988–2010. Mt. Martha, VIC, Australia: Moonlight Publishing.
- "Austriancharts.at – Billie Ray Martin – Your Loving Arms" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Eurochart Hot 100 Singles" (PDF). Music & Media. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "The Irish Charts – Search Results – Your Loving Arms". Irish Singles Chart.
- Israel Top-30 07.06.1995
- "Top National Sellers" (PDF). Music & Media. Vol. 12 no. 14. 8 April 1995. p. 24. Retrieved 25 November 2019.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – week 43, 1996" (in Dutch). Dutch Top 40
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Billie Ray Martin – Your Loving Arms" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 15 July 2018.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 15 July 2018.
- "Official Dance Singles Chart Top 40". Official Charts Company.
- "Billie Ray Martin Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Billie Ray Martin Chart History (Dance Club Songs)". Billboard.
- "Cash Box Top 100 Pop Singles" (PDF). Cash Box. 6 July 1996. Retrieved 20 February 2018.
- "British single certifications – Billie Ray Martin – Your Loving Arms". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 15 July 2018. Select singles in the Format field. Select Silver in the Certification field. Type Your Loving Arms in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.