Your Time Is Gonna Come
|"Your Time Is Gonna Come"|
|Song by Led Zeppelin|
|from the album Led Zeppelin|
|Released||12 January 1969|
Guitarist Jimmy Page played an out-of-tune Fender 10-string steel guitar on this track. Page stated that he learned how to play the steel guitar only during the sessions for the first album. Bassist John Paul Jones played an organ, using a pedal to create the bass. The lyrics concern an unfaithful girl who will pay the price for her deceitful ways.
The only known performance of this song at Led Zeppelin concerts is a short snippet during a show at Tokyo on 24 September 1971 during the "Whole Lotta Love" medley, of which a bootleg recording exists. The name of the bootleg is Light and Shade.
Slash, the lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses, has said that "Your Time Is Gonna Come" is his favourite Led Zeppelin song. Record producer Rick Rubin has remarked, "It's like the drums are playing a big rock song and the guitars are playing a gentle folk song. And it's got one of the most upbeat choruses of any Zeppelin song, even though the words are so dark."
- Robert Plant – vocals
- Jimmy Page – guitars, backing vocals
- John Paul Jones – organ with bass pedals, backing vocals
- John Bonham – drums, backing vocals
- No. 44: ‘Your Time is Gonna Come’ – Top 50 Led Zeppelin Songs
- Plant was later given a songwriting credit. ISWC: T-070.211.844-2
- Steven Rosen, 1977 Jimmy Page Interview, Modern Guitars, 25 May 2007 (originally published in the July 1977, issue of Guitar Player magazine).
- Dave Schulps, Interview with Jimmy Page, Trouser Press, October 1977.
- [The Playlist Special: Fifty Artists Pick Their Personal Top 10s]. Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2 January 2011.