Yousef Alavi (March 19, 1928 – May 21, 2013) was an Iranian born American mathematician who specialized in combinatorics and graph theory. He received his Ph.D. from Michigan State University in 1958. He was a professor of mathematics at Western Michigan University from 1958 until his retirement in 1996; he chaired the department from 1989 to 1992.
In 1987 he received the first Distinguished Service Award of the Michigan Section of the Mathematical Association of America due to his 30 years of service to the MAA; at that time, the Michigan House and Senate issued a special resolution honoring him.
- "Yousef Alavi", Kalamazoo Gazette, May 23, 2013.
- Yousef Alavi at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Emeritus faculty Archived 2009-07-02 at the Wayback Machine., Western Michigan University mathematics department.
- History of the department, Western Michigan University mathematics department.
- Michigan Section's Award Recipients.
|This article about an American mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|