Yosef Hamadani Cohen
|Chacham Yosef Hamadani Cohen|
|Position||Chief Rabbi of Iran|
|Synagogue||Yusef Abad Synagogue|
|Died||March 29, 2014
In August 2000, Chief Rabbi Hamadani Cohen met with Iranian President Mohammad Khatami for the first time. In 2003, Cohen and Member of Parliament Morris Motamed met with Khatami at Yusef Abad Synagogue which was the first time a President of Iran had visited a synagogue since the Islamic Revolution. For the event, Cohen led the opening the Torah scroll ark and the reciting of prayers.
- Iran: Kosher Info and Synagogues Kosher Delight
- Khatami Meets Jewish leaders BBC
- Report of Iranian President’s visit from Yousef-Abad Synagogue, Tehran Iran Jewish
- President Khatami visits the main synagogue in Teheran on Tu B'shvat Memorial Foundation for Jewish Culture
- Newman, Marissa (30 March 2014). "Iranian chief rabbi Yousef Hamadani Cohen dies". Times of Israel. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "Iran's Chief Rabbi Passed Away Over Shabbat". The Jewish Press. 30 March 2014.
|Chief Rabbi of Iran