||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
|Birth name||Trevor Powers|
|Born||March 18, 1989|
|Origin||Boise, Idaho, United States|
|Genres||Dream pop, lo-fi, neo-psychedelia, psychedelic pop|
|Years active||2010 - present –|
Youth Lagoon is the stage name of the Boise, Idaho-based American musician Trevor Powers (born in San Diego, California, raised in Boise)., Powers has been active as Youth Lagoon since 2010. His music includes elements of Americana and experimental music .
Youth Lagoon's debut album, The Year of Hibernation, was released on Fat Possum Records on September 27, 2011. Based on minimalism and hypnotic ambience melded with atmospheric and electronic elements, the debut explored themes such as psychological dysphoria and mental distress.
Powers' second album, Wondrous Bughouse, was released on March 5, 2013 by Fat Possum. It was spawned from what he described as "becoming more fascinated with the human psyche and where the spiritual meets the physical world." During the time he composed the album, Powers became intrigued with the metaphysical universe and blending those ideas with pop music.
On November 12, 2014, Powers announced, via Twitter, that writing for his third album had been finished and recording would start in January of 2015.
- Artists » Youth Lagoon | Fat Possum Records
- Montana // Youth Lagoon // Arcade44. Arcade44.tv (2011-09-22). Retrieved on 2011-11-30.
- Youth Lagoon – “July” Video - Stereogum
- Pitchfork Music Festival: Chicago 2012
- Youth Lagoon – Discover music, videos, concerts, stats, & pictures at Last.fm
- Richardson, Mark. (2011-09-29) Youth Lagoon: The Year of Hibernation | Album Reviews. Pitchfork. Retrieved on 2011-11-30.
- Amazon.com: The Year Of Hibernation: Youth Lagoon: Music
- Possum Records|accessdate=30 January 2013