Ys: The Oath in Felghana
|Ys: The Oath in Felghana|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation Portable|
Ys: The Oath in Felghana[a] is an action role-playing game developed by Nihon Falcom. It is a enhanced remake of the third game in the Ys series, Ys III: Wanderers from Ys. It was first released for Microsoft Windows in Japan in July 2005, with an English localization by Xseed Games in March 2012. A PlayStation Portable version was also released in Japan in April 2010, and later in North America and Europe.
As in Ys III, Adol Christin and his friend Dogi are traveling to Dogi's hometown of Felghana three years after the events of the first two games. Upon arriving, they discover that evil happenings are threatening the townspeople, and it is up to Adol to put a stop to it. The basic plot was slightly modified from the original, and expanded through the use of additional scenes.
The game-play follows the new model from Ys: The Ark of Napishtim, with several improvements. Many things from the previous game were streamlined to keep the focus on the action as opposed to equipment and item management. For example, healing item and stat bonuses are no longer carried as items or accessories; instead, these bonuses are dropped from defeated enemies and are used upon pickup along with an experience bonus for attack combos. These bonuses are maintained through constant combat.
The Oath in Felghana was first released in Japan for Microsoft Windows on July 4, 2005. It later received a port for the PlayStation Portable in Japan on April 22, 2010, with an English release by Xseed Games on November 2, 2010. In order to help offset localization costs, XSEED licensed and paid for the use of a fan translation that had been produced previously for the PC version. Xseed later added the localization to the Windows version, releasing it on March 19, 2012. This version is the same as the original Japanese PC release, but added achievements and leaderboards. However, some of the features from the PSP version were not included, including voice acting and further New Game+ options.
The soundtrack from Ys III: Wanderers from Ys was re-arranged for this game by Yukihiro Jindo. The full 2-CD soundtrack, Ys -The Oath in Felghana- Original Sound Track, was released in 2005. Released at the same time was Ys -The Oath in Felghana- Super Arrange Version, a disc with 10 additional Oath in Felghana arrangements. The Original Sound Track and Super Arrange Version were also released together in a package known as the Ys -The Oath in Felghana- Perfect Collection. Ys: The Oath in Felghana Musical Selections is a collection of 23 songs from the game that XSEED Games released with the Premium Edition of the North American release of the PSP port of the game.
- イース -フェルガナの誓い- (Īsu -Ferugana no Chikai-)
- theXseed (2016-07-06). "Ys: The Oath in Felghana". XSEED Games. Retrieved 2017-05-07.
- "XSEED Games". XSEED Games. 2010-11-02. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- "Ys: The Oath in Felghana". Xseed Games. Fall 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- Massey, Tom. "Chronicles of Ys: A Series Retrospective". eurogamer.net. Gamer Network.
- "Ys: The Oath in Felghana on Steam". store.steampowered.com. Retrieved 2017-05-07.
- "Ys: The Oath in Felghana". www.worldofys.com. Retrieved 2017-05-07.
- Ys: The Oath in Felghana on Metacritic. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- Ys: The Oath in Felghana Archived May 29, 2013, at the Wayback Machine on GameSpot. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- Ys: The Oath in Felghana on GamesRadar. Retrieved 24 July 2013.