This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Traded as||NYSE: YUME|
|No. of locations||Redwood City, New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Boston, Detroit, London, Paris, Madrid, Chennai, Pune|
YuMe is a provider of digital video brand advertising. The company’s solutions for video advertising campaigns are targeted at both supply-side (websites, apps) and the demand-side customers (brands, agencies). YuMe is headquartered in Redwood City, California, with European headquarters in London and nine additional offices worldwide.
Jayan Ramankutty had just came off of acquisition of Lara tech by Cypress Semi. and Empowertel by IP UNITY. Empower tel was voice over IP. He now thought of delivering video over the same. Jayan registered Yume as LLC.He knew Ayyappan who was from his home town back in India. Eventually Ayyapan joined him. Ayyappan knew Jayant Kadambi from his previous job and he brought him in the equation. Jayan made them equal partner thinking they will bring good energy and they became co- founders. Yume llc got converted into YUME inc. In 2006 investors came in and Jayant and Ayyappan took over the company. 2011, YuMe acquired Appealing Media, a mobile video advertising company. In early 2013, YuMe acquired Crowd Science, an audience targeting technology company, and on August 7, 2013, the company held its initial public offering. In November 2017, YuMe launched people-based marketing suite.
YuMe has products for both the supply side and the demand side of the digital video ecosystem. For the demand side, the Connected Audience Network offers brands a way to reach receptive audiences across video inventory running on any of the four connected screens (personal computers, smartphones, tablets, and connected TVs). On the supply side, the YuMe for Publishers suite of products offers digital media owners (publishers, app developers, and CE OEMs) an ad management platform that allows them to maximize their inventory monetization efforts across direct-sold, mediated, and YuMe-fulfilled ads.
- Rao, Leena. "YuMe Acquires UK Mobile Video Ad Company Appealing Media - TechCrunch".
- AOL. "YuMe Taps Booming Growth in Mobile Video Advertising in Europe - AOL.com". AOL.com.
- "Newsroom". www.yume.com.
- "Daily Research News Online no. 25289 - YuMe Launches People-Based Marketing Suite". www.mrweb.com. Retrieved 2017-11-17.
- "YuMe: Brands Missing the Boat on Web Video Users".
- "Mindshare's New Metric for Web Video: Gross Ratings Points".
- "YuMe To Debut Algorithm To Aid Video Ad Placement". www.mediapost.com.
- "New ad unit to create more immersive TV experience - Advertising - BizReport". www.bizreport.com.
- Clancy, Michelle. "YuMe adds in-stream advertising for Kaltura online video platform".
- "Connected TV Ads Worth the Premium; Shouldn't be Thrown In As Freebies – Beet.TV". 2 January 2013.
- "BITSian is keynote speaker at San Jose State University".
- Goering, Richard (14 June 2000). "Cadence's Ambit PKS speeds tapeout at EmpowerTel Networks". EE Times. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- Electronic News (13 June 2001). "Cypress Acquires Lara Networks For $225M". EDN Network. Retrieved 15 December 2016.