|Vice-Mayor of Heshan|
|Born||1968 (age 47–48)
Nan County, Yiyang, Hunan
|Political party||Communist Party of China|
|Alma mater||Renmin University of China|
Yu Gang (born 1968) is a former Chinese political figure, and former secretary of Zhou Yongkang. Before Zhou's retirement in 2012, Yu served as the deputy director of the General Office that served the Central Politics and Law Commission, a body that Zhou headed. Yu was investigated for corruption expelled from the Communist Party of China in July 2014.
Yu was born and raised in Nan County, Yiyang, Hunan, he has two brothers and one sister. In 1987, Yu was admitted to Renmin University of China, majoring in law at the School of Law. After college, Yu was assigned to the State Council of the People's Republic of China as an officer. In 2000, Yu worked as a secretary of Zhou Yongkang, who was the Minister of the Ministry of Public Security. In 2001, Yu was transferred to Heshan as the Vice-Mayor, a position he held until 2002.
On July 2, 2014, Yu was removed from office and dismissed from the Party for serious corruption.
- 老师赴京求见遭余刚婉拒(图) (in Chinese). 163.COM. Retrieved 2014. Check date values in:
- 余刚任某领导秘书10年信息寥寥 照片曝光(组图) (in Chinese). China.org. Retrieved 2014. Check date values in:
- 政法委办公室原副主任余刚曾被称"首长秘书" (in Chinese). Tencent. Retrieved 2014. Check date values in:
- 中央政法委办公室原副主任余刚被开除党籍公职 (in Chinese). Retrieved 2014. Check date values in:
- 北京金融街银河证券一员工暴死 (in Chinese). RFI. 2014-03-12.