Yu Nan, 2010
|Chinese name||余男 (simplified)|
September 5, 1978 |
|Years active||1990s - present|
Her feature film debut, in Lunar Eclipse (1999), which earned her the Best Actress of the Deauville Asian Film Festival, started her career working with several of China's Sixth-Generation film directors. She subsequently starred in three more films with Wang Quan'an: Jingzhe (2003), which earned her the Best Actress Golden Rooster Award and the Best Actress prize of the Paris International Film Festival in 2003; Tuya's Marriage, Golden Bear in 2007 at the Berlin International Film Festival for which she won the Best Actress prize from the Chicago International Film Festival"43rd Chicago Film Festival". Chicago International Film Festival. 2007. Retrieved 2015-10-29.; and Weaving Girl (2009), which won Jury Special Grand prix and the FIPRESCI prize from the 2009 Montreal World Film Festival.
Yu Nan has also worked with other major Chinese directors, including Wang Xiaoshuai in In Love We Trust (2008), which won the Best Screenplay Silver Bear in Berlin 2008, and Ning Hao, in his Chinese Western film, No Man's Land (2010).
Helped in part by her fluency in Mandarin, French, and English, Yu Nan has played in several international productions, including the French film Fureur (2003), the Taiwanese film My DNA Says I Love You (2008), the Canadian-Chinese film Diamond Dogs (2007), and the Hollywood films Speed Racer (2008) and The Expendables 2 (2012).
Yu Nan has served as a jury member at several international film festivals:
- Pusan International Film Festival in 2007
- Chicago International Film Festival in 2008
- Golden Rooster Awards in 2009
- Shanghai International Film Festival in 2009
- Berlin International Film Festival in 2010
- Shanghai International Film Festival in 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yu Nan.|
- Yu Nan at hkmdb.com
- Deauville Asian Film Festival
- Allociné (2004-04-07). "festival du film de Paris: Le palmarès". Retrieved 2010-01-26.
- Paquet, Darcy (2009-10-19). "Weaving Girl". Retrieved 2010-01-26.
- Hickley, Catherine (2008-02-16). "Brazilian Film `Elite Squad' Wins Top Berlin Award". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2010-01-26.
- french.china.org.cn (2010-01-08). "Les onze films chinois les plus attendues en 2010". Retrieved 2010-01-26.
- Landreth, Jonathon (2007-09-28). "Four stars on the brink of global success". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 2007-10-11.
- Elley, Derek (2007-10-12). "Art films win at Pusan festival". Variety. Retrieved 2015-10-29.
- "International Jury for Asian New Talent Award 2009". Shanghai TV festival. Retrieved 2010-01-26.
- Roxborough, Scott (2010-01-26). "Renee Zellweger, Yu Nan join Berlin jury". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2015-10-29.
- Tsui, Clarence (2013-05-20). "Shanghai festival unveils competition jury and entries". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2015-10-29.
- Yu Nan at chinesemov.com