|Look up yuan in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Yuan may refer to:
- Yuan (currency), the basic unit of currency in historic and contemporary China and Taiwan
- "Court", the name for a kind of institution.
- Xuanzheng Yuan, or Bureau of Buddhist and Tibetan Affairs during the Yuan dynasty
- Lifan Yuan during the Qing dynasty
- Yuan dynasty (元朝), also called the Mongol Dynasty, of China
- Northern Yuan dynasty, the Yuan dynasty's successor state in Mongolia
People and languages
- Yuan (surname), the transliteration of a number of Chinese family names (e.g. 袁, 元, 苑, 原, 源, 爰)
- Yuan Haowen (元好問), Chinese poet, author, and official
- Thai Yuan, a people of Northern Thailand
- Yuan language, commonly known as Northern Thai language, language of the Thai Yuan people
- Yu'an District, in Anhui, China
- Yuan River (沅江 or 沅水), one of the four largest rivers in Hunan, a tributary of the Yangtze River
- Yuanfen (缘分), Chinese or Buddhist concept that means the predetermined principle that dictates a person's relationships and encounters
- Type 041 submarine, PLAN Yuan-class submarines
Traditional Chinese medicine
- Yuan Qi (TCM) Traditional Chinese medicine. TCM Qi: Traditional Chinese Medicine four Qi, Yuan qi, Wei qi, Ying qi, Zong qi
In fictional use
- Yuan (Tales of Symphonia) (ユアン), a character from Tales of Symphonia
- Tao Yúan (Shaman King) (Tao En), a character in Shaman King
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Yuan.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.