|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Located in the north of the province, the city is bordered to the north by Nan County, to the northeast by Yueyang County, to the southeast by Xiangyin County, to the south by Ziyang District, to the west by Hanshou County. Yuanjiang City covers 2,012.5 km2 (777.0 sq mi), as of 2015, it had a registered population of 768,000 and a permanent resident population of 689,100. Yuanjiang has 11 towns and 2 subdistricts under its jurisdiction, the government seat is Qionghu (琼湖街道).
Yuanjiang is a city in the drainage basin of Yuan River (Yuan Jiang), it is named after the river, which flows through the city roughly west to east. its most land is located on the northwestern bank of the Dongting Lake.
According to the result on adjustment of township-level divisions of Yuanjiang City on November 26, 2015, Yuanjiang City has 11 towns and 2 subdistricts under its jurisdiction. they are:
- 2 subdistricts
- Qionghu (琼湖街道), merging Wanzihu Townhip, Qingyunshan Subdistrict and a portion of the former Qionghu Subdistrict on November 26, 2015.
- Yanzihu (胭脂湖街道), merging Sanyantang Town and a portion of the former Qionghu Subdistrict on November 26, 2015.
- 11 towns
- Caowei (草尾镇)
- Chapanzhou (茶盘洲镇)
- Gonghua (共华镇)
- Huangmaozhou (黄茅洲镇)
- Nandashan (南大膳镇)
- Nanzui (南嘴镇)
- Qianshanhong (千山红镇)
- Sihushan (泗湖山镇)
- Sijihong (四季红镇)
- Xinwan, Yuanjiang (新湾镇)
- Yangluozhou (阳罗洲镇)
- Google (2014-07-02). "Yuanjiang" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- the population of Yuanjiang City in 2015: according to the Statistical Communiqué of Yuanjiang City on the 2015 National Economic and Social Development (沅江市2015年国民经济和社会发展统计公报) yiyang.gov or yjsrsj.gov
- the divisions of Yuanjiang City in 2015, according to the result on adjustment of township-level administrative divisions of Yuanjiang City on November 26, 2015 - 《湖南省民政厅关于同意沅江市乡镇区划调整方案的批复》(湘民行发〔2015〕92号): rednet.cn (26-Nov-15), also see 《湖南省乡镇区划调整改革109个县市区批复方案》(2015-12-08) people.com or xinhuanet.com
|This Hunan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|