|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||5,825.51 km2 (2,249.24 sq mi)|
|• Density||100/km2 (260/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Located in northwest of the province, Yuanling is in the border locations of Huaihua, Xiangxi, Zhangjiajie, Changde and Yiyang 5 prefecture-level divisions, The Yuan River flows through it southwest to northeast. The county is bordered to the north by Yongding District, to the east by Taoyuan and Anhua Counties, to the south by Xupu and Chenxi Counties, to the west by Luxi, Guzhang and Yongshun Counties. Yuanling County covers 5,852 km2 (2,259 sq mi), as of 2015, It had a registered population of 671,500 and a resident population of 601,800. Yuanling County has 8 towns and 13 townships under its jurisdiction, the county seat is Yuanling Town (沅陵镇).
According to the Yuanling County Almanac (1993:104), there are 36,715 ethnic Miao and 23,879 ethnic Tujia. There are also 135 ethnic Bai living in the Zhuhong Stream watershed 朱红溪 of Beirong District 北容区, namely the villages of Luoping 落坪, Qijiaxi 七甲溪, Daheping 大合坪.
- www.xzqh.org (in Chinese)
- Google (2014-07-02). "Yuanling" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- Huaihua City Land Use Plan (2006–20)/《怀化市土地利用总体规划（2006-2020年）》.(in Chinese) Accessed 8 July 2014.
- "怀化市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报" (in Chinese). Huaihua Statistical Bureau/怀化市统计局. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- the population of Yuanling County in 2015, according to the Statistical Communiqué of Yuanling County on the 2015 National Economic and Social Development - (2015年沅陵县国民经济和社会发展统计公报): huaihua.gov.cn or ahmhxc.com
- the divisions of Yuanling County in 2015, according to the result on adjustment of township-level administrative divisions of Yuanling County on November, 2015 - 《湖南省民政厅关于同意沅陵县乡镇区划调整方案的批复》(湘民行发〔2015〕82号): rednet.cn; also see 《湖南省乡镇区划调整改革109个县市区批复方案》: people.com or xinhuanet.com
|This Hunan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|