|Hanja||幼彬, 有彬, 愈彬, 婑斌, and others|
Yu-bin, also spelled Yoo-bin, is a Korean unisex given name. Its meaning depends on the hanja used to write each syllable of the name.
Hanja and meaning
There are 62 hanja with the reading "yu" and 25 hanja with the reading "bin" on the South Korean government's official list of hanja which may be used in given names. Some ways of writing this name in hanja include:
- 有彬 (있을 유; isseul yu; 빛날 빈; binnal bin): "possessing elegance"
- 婑斌 (아리따울 유; arittaul yu; 빛날 빈; binnal bin): "charming and elegant" (斌 is a variant of 彬)
People with this name include:
- Kim Yu-bin (musician) (born 1988), South Korean female singer and rapper
- Song Yuvin (born Song Yu-bin, 1998), South Korean male singer
- Lee Yu-bin (born 2001), South Korean female short track speed skater
- Kim Yoo-bin (actress) (born 2005), South Korean actress
- Bae Yoo-bin (born 1997), stage name Binnie, South Korean female singer, member of girl group Oh My Girl
- Lee Yoo-bin (born 1997), stage name Dami, South Korean female singer, member of girl group Dreamcatcher
- 인명용 한자표 [Table of hanja for use in personal names] (PDF). South Korea: Supreme Court. August 2007. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- "[My Name] 오마이걸 (2) 승희, 지호, 비니, 아린" [My Name (2): Seunghee, Jiho, Binnie, Arin]. Korea Economic Daily. 14 October 2015. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- "斌". Naver Hanja Dictionary. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|