Yudh (TV series)
|Developed by||Mrinalini Khanna|
|Written by||Bijesh Jayarajan|
|Screenplay by||Bijesh Jayarajan|
|Story by||Bijesh Jayarajan|
|Directed by||Ribhu Dasgupta|
|Creative director(s)||Anurag Kashyap|
Kay Kay Menon
|Country of origin||India|
|Original language(s)||Hindi and Awadhi dialect of Hindi|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Executive producer(s)||Miriam Joseph|
|Running time||Approx. 38-42 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Endemol India|
|Original network||Sony Entertainment Television|
|First shown in||India|
|Original release||July 2014 –|
14 August 2014
Yudh (English: War) is an Indian television psychological thriller miniseries directed by Ribhu Dasgupta, starring Amitabh Bachchan. It also stars Sarika, Zakir Hussain, Mona Wasu, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Kay Kay Menon. This show is Bachchan's debut fiction television show . Produced by Endemol India and Saraswati Creations, Yudh premiered on Sony Entertainment Television India on 14 July 2014. It was replaced by Indian Idol.
Yudhisthir Sikarwar (Amitabh Bachchan) is an elite businessman who owns a conglomerate company known as the Shanti Group which consists of Shanti Constructions and Shanti Mining in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. He wishes to venture into the mining industry but he is diagnosed with Huntington's disease, an incurable neuropsychological disorder, which leaves him with a few years to live.
- Amitabh Bachchan as Yudhisthir Sikarwar
- Sarika as Gauri Shekhar
- Giselli Monteiro as icha
- Ayesha Mishra as Nayantara Sikarwar
- Pavail Gulati as Rishikesh Sikarwar
- Aahana Kumra as Taruni Sikarwar
- Avinash Tiwary as Advocate Ajatshatru
- Mona Wasu as Mona Shekhar
- Zakir Hussain as Anand Upadhyay
- Tigmanshu Dhulia as Home Minister Bharat Choudhary
- Kay Kay Menon as Municipal Commissioner
- Roger Danuarta as Vij singh
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui as Sanjay Mishra
- Anurag Kashyap as Mr. Sikarwar
- Yusuf Hussain as Gautam Dev
- Lavanya Bhardwaj as Siddharth
- shaiza kashyap as taker
- Siddharth Chandra as Rahul Mehra
- Himesh Choudhary as Chhotu
- Inder Kumar as Raju
DNA India praised the light use of background music, the casting and the unobtrusive camera work, but stated the production values were lacking for a project where each episode costs an estimated ₹3 crores stating that the sets were "tacky" and the sound quality was poor .
- "Yudh to replace Bade Achhe Lagte Hain". Hindustan Times. 4 July 2014. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "Amitabh Bachchan battles world, himself in TV show 'Yudh'". The Indian Express. 2 May 2014.
- "Amitabh Bachchan's debut TV series 'Yudh' to go on air in July". ibnlive.in. 8 June 2014. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "Amitabh Bachchan's 'Yudh' - Work of innovation or plunge into plagiarism". DNA. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "Juhi Chawla finds Amitabh Bachchan's character in 'Yudh' dull". www.indianexpress.com. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
|This Indian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|