Yue Yuen Industrial Holdings
|Public Listed company|
|Traded as||SEHK: 551|
|Industry||Athletic and casual/outdoor footwear manufacturer|
|Chairman: Mr. Lu Chin Chu|
|Parent||Pou Chen Corporation|
|Subsidiaries||Pou Sheng International|
|Website||Yue Yuen Industrial Holdings Limited|
Yue Yuen Industrial (Holdings) Limited is a Taiwanese footwear manufacturer headquarter ed in Hong Kong and established by its Taiwanese parent company, Pou Chen Group. It is the largest branded athletic and casual footwear manufacturer in the world. It is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and original design manufacturer (ODM) for major international brand name companies such as Nike, Crocs, Adidas, Reebok, Asics, New Balance, Puma, Timberland and Rockport.
In April 2014 40,000 workers were protesting the companies failure to pay the full social security and house renting contribution. The protests were triggered by a staff member who worked for 18 years at Yue Yuen did not get her full pension. The company did pay 250 yuan per month and employee too little. The average salary at Yue Yuen is 3000 Yuan per month. This practice was in place for nearly 20 years. With 70,000 employees this would amount to 280 Mio Yuan.
- Yue Yuen Industrial Holdings Limited - Corporate Profile Archived April 7, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- HANG SENG INDEXES ANNOUNCES INDEX REVIEW RESULTS
- More than ten thousand workers stage strike at massive Dongguan shoe factory, 2014-04-14
- Yue Yuen shoe factory workers' strike at Dongguan plants continues, 2014-04-17.
- Yue Yuen strikers vow to continue until benefit contribution deficit paid in full,
|This article about a Taiwanese corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|