Yuen Long station
|MTR rapid transit station|
Appearance of Yuen Long Station
|Literal meaning||Leading light(ly)|
|Location||Long Yat Road × Long Ming Street, Yuen Long|
Yuen Long District, Hong Kong
|Owned by||KCR Corporation|
|Operated by||MTR Corporation|
|Platforms||2 (1 island platform)|
Yuen Long (Chinese: 元朗) is an MTR station in the north-eastern part of Yuen Long Town, New Territories, Hong Kong, on the West Rail Line between Kam Sheung Road and Long Ping. It is an interchange between the West Rail Line and Yuen Long Stop of the Light Rail system.
Yuen Long and Long Ping station were built under a combined contract, numbered CC-202, which was awarded to the AMEC-Hong Kong Construction Joint Venture. The contract, worth HK$1.76 billion, commenced in September 1999. Piling was completed at Yuen Long station in November 2001, while the superstructure and civil works were completed by March 2002. A topping-out ceremony for both Yuen Long and Long Ping stations was held on 24 May 2002.
The station opened on 20 December 2003 with the inauguration of the West Rail.
On the night of 21 July 2019, the station was attacked by armed men, leaving 45 people injured. The incident prompted a series of protests around Yuen Long, expanding the extent of Hong Kong's anti-extradition bill protests.
|Platform 2||West Rail line towards Hung Hom (Kam Sheung Road) →|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right|
|Platform 1||← West Rail line towards Tuen Mun (Long Ping)|
|C||Concourse||Customer services, toilets|
|MTRShops, ticket machines, ATMs|
|G||Light Rail stop||Exits, Light Rail Yuen Long Stop, public transport interchange|
- A: Long Yat Road
- B: Yuen Long Kau Hui
- E: Light Rail 
- F: Yoho Mall II 
- G1: Light Rail 
- G2: Tung Tau Tsuen 
- H: Pok Oi Hospital
- J: Ying Lung Wai
- K: Yoho Mall I 
Exits C and D are reserved.
- K65: Yuen Long Station ↔ Lau Fau Shan
- K74: Tin Shui ↺ Au Tau (Peak Hour Service)
- 53: Yuen Long Station ↔ Tsuen Wan West Station
- 54: Yuen Long (West) ↺ Sheung Tsuen
- 64K: Yuen Long (West) ↔ Tai Po Market Station
- 68: Park YOHO ↺ Yuen Long Station
- 68E: Yuen Long Park ↔ Tsing Yi Station
- 68F: Park YOHO ↺ Yuen Long Park
- 68M: Yuen Long (West) ↔ Tsuen Wan Station
- 68X: Hung Shui Kiu (Hung Fuk Estate) ↔ Mong Kok (Park Avenue)
- 76K: Long Ping Estate ↔ Ching Ho Estate
- 77K: Yuen Long (Fung Cheung Road) ↔ Sheung Shui
- 261X: Tuen Mun Central ↔ Cheung Wah Estate (Peak Hour Service)
- 264R: Tin Yiu ↔ Tai Po Market Station (Weekend and Public Holidays only)
- 268A: Long Ping Estate ↔ Kwun Tong Ferry (Weekdays Peak hour only)
- 268B: Long Ping Station ↔ Hung Hom Ferry (Hung Luen Road) (Weekdays Peak Hour Service and Weekend and Public Holidays full day Service)
- 268C: Long Ping Station ↔ Kwun Tong Ferry
- 268P: Long Ping ↔ Kwun Tong Ferry via Kowloon Bay and Kwun Tong Business Area (Weekdays Peak hour only)
- 268X: Hung Shui Kiu (Hung Fuk Estate) ↔ West Kowloon Station
- 269D: Tin Fu ↔ Lek Yuen
- 276: Tin Tsz ↔ Sheung Shui
- 276P: Tin Shui Wai Station ↔ Sheung Shui
- B1: Tin Tsz ↔ Lok Ma Chau Station
- N269: Tin Tsz ↔ Mei Foo (Midnight Service)
- Cross Harbour Tunnel Bus
- 968: Yuen Long (West) ↔ Causeway Bay (Tin Hau)
- 968A: Yuen Long (West) → Causeway Bay (Tin Hau) via Long Ping Estate (Weekdays Morning Peak hour only)
- 968X: Yuen Long (Tak Yip Street) ↔ Quarry Bay (Rush Time Service)
- N368: Yuen Long (West) ↔ Central (Macau Ferry) via Mei Foo (Midnight Service)
- B2: Yuen Long Station ↔ Shenzhen Bay Port
- A36: Airport (Ground Transportation Centre) ↔ Long Ping Station via Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge Hong Kong Port
- E34B: Airport (Ground Transportation Centre) ↔ Yuen Long (Ma Wang Road)
- E34P: Tin Shui Wai Town Centre ↔ Tung Chung (Yat Tung Estate) (Rush Time Service)
- N30: Yuen Long Station → Tung Chung via Airport and Airport (Ground Transportation Centre) → Yuen Long Station (Midnight Service)
- N30S: Yuen Long Station ↔ Tung Chung via Airport (Midnight Service)
- NA34: Tin Shui Wai Town Centre ↔ Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge Hong Kong Port via Airport (Midnight Service)
- New Territories Green minibus:
- 31: Yuen Long (Hong King Street) ↔ Tong Yan San Tsuen
- 32: Yuen Long (Hong King Street) ↔ Tan Kwai Tsuen
- 36: Yuen Long (Fuk Hong Street) ↔ Tai Sang Wai
- 37: Yuen Long (Fuk Hong Street) ↔ Yau Tam Mei Village Office
- 38: Yuen Long (Fuk Hong Street) ↔ Yau Tam Mei via Sheung Chuk Yuen
- 71: Yuen Long (Tai Heng Street) ↔ Ho Pui Village
- 72: Yuen Long (Tai Heng Street) ↔ Lui Kung Tin
- 75: Yuen Long (Fuk Hong Street) ↔ Ha Wan Tsuen / Lok Ma Chau Station
- 76: Yuen Long (Fuk Hong Street) ↔ Siu Hum Tsuen
- 77: Tin Shui Wai Town Centre ↔ Lok Ma Chau (San Tin) Public Transport Interchange
- 77A: Tin Shui Wai (Grandeur Terrace) ↔ Pok Oi Hospital
- 77B: Tin Shui Wai Town Centre ↔ Pok Oi Hospital / Yuen Long Station (After 21:00 everyday)
- 601: Yuen Long (Fung Cheung Road) ↔ Pak Wai Tsuen
- 602: Yuen Long (Fau Choi Street) ↔ Tai Kong Po
- 603: Yuen Long (Fung Cheung Road) ↔ Fung Kat Heung
- 604: Yuen Long Station ↔ Shan Ha Tsuen
- 608: Yuen Long (Fau Choi Street) ↔ Wan Toi Shan
- 609: Yuen Long Stadium ↔ Pok Oi Hospital
- 609B: Long Sin Estate ↺ Yuen Long Station
- 611: Shan Pui Road ↔ Yuen Long (Fau Choi Street)
- 611A: Shan Pui Road ↺ Yuen Long Station (Morning Peak hour only)
- 611B: One Regent Place (Kwan Lok Lane) ↺ Yuen Long Station (Morning Peak hour only)
- "All KCR West Rail stations in the New Territories topped out". Kowloon–Canton Railway Corporation. 24 May 2002.
- Hussain, Naeem; Kwok, Michael (2006). "The Yuen Long section: viaducts and stations". The Arup Journal. 2006 (3): 7–17.
- "New Entrance Opened at MTR Yuen Long Station" (PDF). MTR Corporation. 31 May 2017.
- "Hong Kong protests: Armed mob violence leaves city in shock". BBC. 22 July 2019.
- "Police and protesters clash on eighth weekend of Hong Kong marches". CNN. 22 July 2019.
- "Yuen Long Station layout" (PDF). MTR Corporation. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "Yuen Long Station street map" (PDF). MTR Corporation. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- Media related to Yuen Long Station at Wikimedia Commons