Yuen Pau Woo
Early life, education and previous work
Woo was born in Malaysia and grew up in Singapore. He was educated at Wheaton College, Lester B. Pearson College, the University of Cambridge, and the University of London. Woo has previously worked as a consultant on international marine affairs and as an economist for the Monetary Authority of Singapore and the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation. He has also served on the Standing Committee of the Pacific Economic Cooperation Council and as an adviser to the Canadian Ditchley Foundation, the Shanghai WTO Affairs Consultation Centre and the Asian Development Bank.
Current positions and affiliations
Woo was most recently the President and CEO of the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada. He is a member of the Greater Vancouver Advisory Board for the Salvation Army, on the Global Council of the Asia Society in New York, a board member of the Public Policy Forum, the Vancouver Academy of Music and the Mosaic Institute.
Areas of research
- Office of the Premier. "B.C.’S ECONOMIC ADVISORY COUNCIL". Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "Global Council". Asia Society. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "mosaicinstitute". mosaicinstitute. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "Yuen Pau Woo". Asia Pacific.
- "Asian Regionalism, Canadian and Indian Perspectives". Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- . Toronto https://web.archive.org/20090629101448/http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/opinions/article973679.ece. Archived from the original on June 29, 2009. Missing or empty
- Official Biography