11 November 1983 |
Karatsu, Saga, Japan
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lb)|
Yugo Yoshida (吉田 雄悟 Yoshida Yugo, born November 11, 1983 in Karatsu, Saga) is a Japanese sailor, who specializes in the two-person dinghy (470) class. He shared gold medals with his partner Ryunosuke Harada in the 470 class at the 2010 Asian Games, and later represented Japan at the 2012 Summer Olympics. Throughout most of his sailing career, Yoshida trained for the ABeam Consulting Team under his personal coach and mentor Kazunori Komatsu. As of September 2013, Yoshida is ranked no. 190 in the world for two-person dinghy class by the International Sailing Federation.
Yoshida and his partner and skipper Ryunosuke Harada made their official debut at the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou, China, where they edged out the host nation's Wang Weidong and Deng Daokun by a seven-point advantage for the gold medal in the men's 470 class, accumulating a net score of 17 points.
At the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, Yoshida competed again as a crew member in the men's 470 class by finishing sixth and receiving a berth from the World Championships in Barcelona, Spain. Teaming with Harada in the opening series, Yoshida mounted a spirited challenge on the fifth leg to deliver the Japanese duo a seventh spot, but fell short of the medal race with an eighteenth-place finish on 131 net points.
- "Yugo Yoshida". London 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Yugo Yoshida". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "16th Asian Games Crowns Champions in China". ISAF. 22 November 2010. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- "470 Teams Going to the 2012 Olympic Sailing Competition". 470 World Championships. 5 June 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Men's 470". London 2012. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "Japan's 470 Olympians Celebrate their Wedding". 470 World Championships. 14 February 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
|This biographical article relating to a sportsperson from Japan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|