Yugoslav Partisan crimes after World War II in Zagreb
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article possibly contains original research. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article's factual accuracy is disputed. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Part of a series on|
World War II in Yugoslavia
Yugoslav Partisan crimes after World War II in Zagreb represent crimes against humanity committed by Yugoslav Partisans in Zagreb and surrounding area (adjacent forests, fields and Sljeme area) after the end of World War II.[better source needed]
In the city of Zagreb is registered and investigated more than 70 mass graves alongside with about 60 mass graves. Crimes were hidden by communist authorities during the communist regime in Yugoslavia, as well as in contemporary Croatia.[better source needed]
- For many years right wing media were lying about 300 captured German and Croatian soldiers nearby headquarters Faculty of Teacher Education on 77 Savska road. According to testimony of witness I.H. (born 1926), Yugoslav Partisans captured wounded German soldiers who were treated in military hospital (converted gymnasium building), executed them and threw their corpses in pits. After a public education campaign in 2008 by concerned groups, Croatian authorities launched an investigation into the site. Afer investigation they found only 25 corps, victims of ustasha, killed in last days of fascist ocupation.
- Mass liquidations were committed in Bukovečka šuma (Bukovec's forest) above Maksimir. An accurate number of victims is not determined.
- In July 1945, Yugoslav Partisans liquidate 7 members of Croatian Home Guard in Čučerje, part of Gornja Dubrava district.
- 300 Muslim fighters (Crnci - "Blackmans") were executed in Meštrović Pavilion.
- In 1945 Yugoslav Partisans executed 13 German soldiers in Galovići.
- In Gornji Mikulići was executed unknown number of German soldiers.
- About 250 people were executed in Kolarska gora (Kolar mountains) in Gornje Vrapče.
- In 1945 was executed 30 people in pit cave nearby Brežan peak.
Public people killed, repressed or arrested during period of "Liberation of Zagreb" by Yugoslav Partisans:
- Bonaventura Radonić, Franciscan, philosopher, Catholic priest and professor
- Jerko Skračić, journalist and poet
- Ivan Softa, writer and poet
- Gaudencija Šplajt, nun and social worker
- Horvatić, Petar."Titovi zločini – Hrvati ni danas ne znaju razmjere zločina u Zagrebu" narod.hr, published 30 December 2016, accessdate 3 January 2018
- Jurčević, Josip. "Sustavno prikrivanje komunističkih zločina od strane neokomumista" hkv.hr, published 30 May 2017, accessdate 3 January 2018
- Radoš, Ivica. "Komunistički zločin iz Savske pod istragom" Jutarnji list, published 11 May 2008, accessdate 3 January 2018
- 25 corpse in Savska
- Thert were vitims of the Ustashas who where killed in the last months of the war when Zagreb was suronded, so they did not dare to kill them in the Rakovo Creek or elsewhere as earlier years, Goldstein explained