|Member of the House of Representatives|
|Member of the House of Councillors|
2010 – present
|Born||19 April 1961
|Political party||Liberal Democratic Party|
|Alma mater||New York University|
Early Life & Education
A native of Setagaya, Tokyo, Satō received a bachelor's degree from Sophia University, a master's degree in international relations from Columbia University, and a Ph.D in economics from the New York University.
Satō was elected to the House of Representatives for the first time in 2005, as part of a group of candidates (later called "Koizumi Children") hand-picked by Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi. She lost her seat in the 2009 election, but in 2010 she was elected to the House of Councillors. During her time in the Diet (national legislature), Satō served on many committees and held several party offices, including:
- Parliamentary Secretary of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Deputy Secretary-General of LDP
- Deputy Chairman, LDP Policy Board in the House of Councillors
- Minister of State for Economic, Fiscal and Finance Policy of LDP's Shadow Cabinet
- Vice-Chairman, Committee on Organizations Involved with Public Finance, Finance and Securities of LDP
- "Official Website of Sato Yukari". Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "LDP official Sato profile". LDP official English Website. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
|This article about a Japanese politician born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|