|Native name||中願寺 雄吉|
March 23, 1889|
Chikushino, Fukuoka, Japan
|Died||September 28, 2003
(aged 114 years, 189 days)
Ogori, Fukuoka, Japan
|Cause of death||Natural causes|
Yukichi Chuganji (中願寺 雄吉 Chūganji Yūkichi?, March 23, 1889 – September 28, 2003) was a Japanese supercentenarian and the world's oldest man (and later the world's oldest person) until his death at age 114 years, 189 days.
He died as the verified oldest Asian man ever, breaking the record of 112 years, 191 days by nearly 2 years set by Denzo Ishizaki, and continued to hold the record for a little more than ten years, until being surpassed by Jiroemon Kimura on 26 October 2011. After his death, Japanese woman Mitoyo Kawate became the oldest living person, and Spaniard Joan Riudavets the oldest living man.
- List of Japanese supercentenarians
- List of the oldest people
- List of the verified oldest men
- Oldest people
- "''World's oldest man dies aged 114'', BBC News, 29 September 2003. Retrieved 12 December 2010". BBC News. 2003-09-29. Retrieved 2013-04-28.
- "Yukichi Chuganji, 114; World's Oldest Man Since '02". Los Angeles Times. 30 September 2003. Retrieved 4 December 2015.