This biography of a living person includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||March 20, 1967|
|Battle Angel Alita|
Yukito Kishiro (木城 ゆきと Kishiro Yukito) is a Japanese manga artist born in Tokyo in 1967 and raised in Chiba. As a teenager he was influenced by the mecha anime Armored Trooper Votoms and Mobile Suit Gundam, in particular the designs of Yoshikazu Yasuhiko, as well as the works of manga artist Rumiko Takahashi. He began his career at age 17, with his debut manga, Space Oddity, in the Weekly Shonen Sunday. He is best known for Battle Angel Alita.
- Space Oddity (気怪 Kikai, 1984)
- The Planet of Depths (怪洋星 Kaiyōsei, October 26, 1988)
- Fly (飛人 Hito, 1989)
- The Great Machine (大・摩神 Dai-Mashīn, 1989)
- Junks: The Space Rovers (宇宙海賊少年団 Uchū Kaizoku Shōnendan, 1990)
- Battle Angel Alita (December 15, 1990 – April 1, 1995)
- Future Tokyo Headman (未来東京HEADMAN Mirai Tōkyō Heddoman, 1991)
- Ashen Victor (1995–1996)
- Battle Angel Alita: Holy Night & Other Stories (January 24, 1997 – December 19, 2006)
- Enter the World of Aqua Knight... (水中騎士 特別編 Akua Naito Tokubetsu Hen, January 23, 1998)
- Aqua Knight (March 20, 1998–ongoing)
- Battle Angel Alita: Last Order (November 18, 2000 – January 28, 2014)
- Battle Angel Alita: Mars Chronicle (October 28, 2014–ongoing)
- Mukai: World of Mist (霧界 Mukai, October 28, 2014)
- "A long interview with Yukito Kishiro (1993)". Animerica Magazine.
- "MNS Exclusive Interview: Battle Angel (GUNNM) Creator Yukito Kishiro". Anime News service. 2005.
- Official website
- Yukito Kishiro at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- "Yukito Kishiro". Sunny Spot. Biography. Archived from the original on Oct 29, 2003.
- "Yukito Kishiro". Manga (in jp). Media Arts Database.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)