|Born||November 1, 1946|
She was born in Japan. After graduating from Musashino Art University, she joined Sanrio. She designed the first original Sanrio character, Coro Chan, a bear which was introduced in 1973. In 1974 she made the original design for Hello Kitty, Sanrio's most successful and best known character. She left Sanrio in 1976 to get married and has been working as a freelance designer ever since. She did not make a lot of money from Hello Kitty.
- "巻頭大特集 サンリオが大好き!/キキ&ララ・マイメロディ 40周年記念". MOE. Vol. 438, no. April 2016. Hakusensha. 2016. p. 23.
- Dennis, Alicia Diaz (December 11, 2008). "Fashion Influential #95: Yuko Shimizu". Zimbio. Archived from the original on 2009-03-18.
- Yannetta, Tiffany (July 26, 2011). "Hello Kitty Creator's Latest Character Is a French Bulldog in NYC". Racked.
- The Official Hello Kitty Website
- The Official Rebecca Bonbon Website[permanent dead link]
- The Official Angel Cat Sugar Website