Yuko Shimizu at Japan Expo 2010
November 1, 1946 |
Chiba Prefecture, Japan
She was born in Chiba Prefecture. After graduating from Musashino Art University, she created Hello Kitty at Sanrio in 1974. She left Sanrio in 1976 to get married, and has been working as a freelance designer ever since. She did not make a lot of money from Hello Kitty.
- Alicia Diaz Dennis (December 11, 2008). "Fashion Influential #95: Yuko Shimizu". Zimbio.
- Hello Kitty Creator's Latest Character Is a French Bulldog in NYC - racked.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yuko Shimizu.|
- The Official Hello Kitty Website
- The Official Rebecca Bonbon Website[permanent dead link]
- The Official Angel Cat Sugar Website
|This biographical article related to Japan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|