|Born||November 1, 1946|
She was born in Japan. After graduating from Musashino Art University, she created Hello Kitty at Sanrio in 1974. She left Sanrio in 1976 to get married and has been working as a freelance designer ever since. She did not make a lot of money from Hello Kitty.
- Dennis, Alicia Diaz (December 11, 2008). "Fashion Influential #95: Yuko Shimizu". Zimbio. Archived from the original on 2009-03-18.
- Yannetta, Tiffany (July 26, 2011). "Hello Kitty Creator's Latest Character Is a French Bulldog in NYC". Racked.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yuko Shimizu.|
- The Official Hello Kitty Website
- The Official Rebecca Bonbon Website[permanent dead link]
- The Official Angel Cat Sugar Website