Images from top, left to right: Railroad in Yulee, Nassau County Courthouse Judicial Annex, Yulee High School, Tributary of the Nassau River
Location in Nassau County and the state of Florida
|• Total||23 sq mi (59.6 km2)|
|• Land||23 sq mi (59.5 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||36 ft (11 m)|
|• Density||496.2/sq mi (140.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||32041, 32097|
|GNIS feature ID||0293610|
Yulee is located at (30.630679, -81.573981).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 59.6 km² (23.0 mi²), of which 59.5 km² (23.0 mi²) is land and 0.1 km² (0.04 mi²) (0.09%) is water.
At the 2000 census, there were 8,392 people, 3,083 households and 2,383 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 141.0/km² (365.1/mi²). There were 3,312 housing units at an average density of 55.6/km² (144.1/mi²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 90.57% White, 6.61% African American, 0.60% Native American, 0.48% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 0.36% from other races, and 1.35% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.53% of the population.
There were 3,083 households of which 37.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 61.4% were married couples living together, 11.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.7% were non-families. 17.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.72 and the average family size was 3.06.
27.6% of the population were under the age of 18, 7.9% from 18 to 24, 31.2% from 25 to 44, 24.2% from 45 to 64, and 9.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 101.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.8 males.
The median household income was $40,976 and the median family income was $46,842. Males had a median income of $32,239 versus $22,273 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $17,643. About 7.2% of families and 10.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 13.2% of those under age 18 and 13.9% of those age 65 or over.
Yulee is served by its own fire department and two additional regional fire departments, the all-career Nassau County Fire Rescue Stations 30 and 70. The Yulee Volunteer Fire Department is dispatched along with the County department to all fire calls in the Yulee area.
- Derrick Henry - football running back at Alabama
- Kyle Denney - Major League Baseball catcher
- DJ Stewart - baseball left fielder at Florida State University
- Zack Taylor - Major League Baseball player and manager
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Nassau County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- Hunn, Max (Aug 19, 1956). "Driving through Florida history". Ocala Star-Banner. p. 29. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "North Hampton Golf Club Fernandina Beach, FL". Hampton Golf Clubs. 2012-12-04. Retrieved 2015-08-09.
- Duane Kennerson. "Amelia National Golf & Country Club - Amelia National Golf & Country Club". Amelianationalgolf.com. Retrieved 2015-08-09.
- "Nassau Center - FSCJ". Fscj.edu. Retrieved 2015-08-09.