|Born||October 24, 1988 (age 28)
Mariupol, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
Kalina started weightlifting at the age of 12. At 13 she joined Ukraine's junior weightlifting team. 2 years later Kalina became a single parent with one daughter, Myroslava (born in 2003). Myroslava lives with her grandmother in Mariupol, while her mother resides in Kiev.
On 13 July 2016, IOC announced that Yuliya Kalina has been disqualified from the 2012 Summer Olympics and ordered to return the bronze medal from the 58 kg weightlifting event. Reanalysis of Kalina's samples from London 2012 resulted in a positive test for the prohibited substance dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (turinabol). She has been disqualified for two years until 10 June 2018.
- "Yuliya Kalina". London 2012. The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games Limited. Archived from the original on 2013-05-02. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- Weightlifter's journey from teenage mother to Olympic medallist, BBC News (26 February 2016)
- Чемпіонка Європи Юлія Каліна: Коли у Маріуполі стріляють, донька жартує, що це попкорн (in Ukrainian). espreso.tv. 2016-03-14.
- IOC sanctions Ukrainian weightlifter Yulia Kalina for failing anti-doping test at London 2012
- Украинскую тяжелоатлетку Юлию Калину отстранили от Олимпиады-2016
|This biographical article relating to sports in Ukraine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|