|Governor of Kharkiv Oblast|
|Assumed office |
15 October 2016
|Preceded by||Ihor Rainin|
|Born||6 June 1984|
Kharkiv, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
|Political party||Petro Poroshenko Bloc (since 2015)|
Yuliya Svitlychna (Ukrainian: Юлія Олександрівна Світлична, born 6 June 1984, Kharkiv) is a Ukrainian politician. Since 15 October 2016 she is the Governor of Kharkiv Oblast. Before this she was a Deputy of the Kharkiv Regional Council of 7th convocation, Vice President of the Chamber of Regions in the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe. Svitlychna has a PhD in state administration and is currently the youngest regional governor in Ukraine.
In 2005 Svitlychna graduated from State University of Food Technology and Trade as expert on international economics.
In 2005 -2006 she held senior positions at production companies.
In 2006 she started her career as civil servant at the Head Office of Economics, Kharkiv Oblast State Administration (RSA), after which she returned to working in private sector of economics.
In 2009–2012 Svitlychna graduated with honors from Kharkiv Regional Institute of Public Administration of the National Academy of Public Administration attached to the Office of the President of Ukraine where she studied state administration, and finished post-graduate studies on mechanisms of state administration.
In 2014 she returned to civil service as Head of the Department of Competitive Improvement of the Region at Kharkiv RSA, then, since 2014 – Deputy Head of Kharkiv RSA, First Deputy Head, Acting Head. During her years as Deputy Head Svitlychna oversaw international relations, namely increasing the region's fame and attracting investment. She is also famous[peacock term] for lobbying Kharkiv Region's interests in the United States and China.
In the 2015 Ukrainian local elections she was elected Deputy of Kharkiv Oblast Council for Petro Poroshenko Bloc. As Deputy, she is a member of Ukrainian delegation to the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe for 2016–2020. At the 31st session of the Congress Svitlychna was elected Vice President of the Chamber of Regions, and is also a member of the Congress Bureau responsible for coordinating the work of chambers and committees as well as organizing sessions. On 30 August 2016 Svitlychna became acting Governor of Kharkiv Oblast after her predecessor Ihor Rainin on 29 Aug 2016 had been promoted to head the Presidential Administration of Ukraine. On 15 October 2016 she was officially appointed Governor of Kharkiv by President Petro Poroshenko.
- "Світлична Юлія Олександрівна". Харківська обласна державна адміністрація. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Who's who of the Council of Europe Congress – Individual Member data". www.coe.int. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "UNICEF to give up to $1 million to kindergartens and schools in Kharkiv region – 18.07.2016 18:46 – Ukrinform News". Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- UM. "Ambassador Merete Juhl visits Kharkiv in eastern Ukraine". ukraine.um.dk. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "EUAM Ukraine – EUAM donation helps police ensure that all response teams in Kharkiv have tablets and dash cameras". www.euam-ukraine.eu. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Світлична Юлія Олександрівна – Харьковский областной совет". 30 November 2015. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Competition Commission chose Svetlichnaya head of Kharkiv Regional State Administration, Ukrainska Pravda (4 October 2016)
- "Council of Europe – Congress – National delegation". www.coe.int. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Poroshenko appoints Acting Chairman of Kharkiv Regional State Administration, UNIAN (30 August 2016)
- Poroshenko announces Lozhkin's resignation, appoints Rainin new head of presidential administration, UNIAN (29 August 2016)
- "Ukrainian president appoints Kharkiv regional governor". LB.ua. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Poroshenko introduces new Chairman of Kharkiv Regional State Administration". Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- KHARKIV REGION OFFICE OPENED IN U.S.
- Remarks by Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch at the Kharkiv Investment Forum
- Opening of Chinese-Ukrainian House in Harbin and Kharkiv region Representative Office in Heilongjiang province
- Ukrainian delegation took part in the 27th Harbin International Economic and Trade Fair