Yulte Conservation Park
|Yulte Conservation Park|
|Nearest town or city||Myponga |
|Established||24 January 1974|
|Area||41 hectares (100 acres)|
|Managing authorities||Department for Environment and Water|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Yulte Conservation Park is a protected area located in the Australian state of South Australia in the locality of Myponga about 55 kilometres (34 mi) south of the state capital of Adelaide and about 2.5 kilometres (1.6 mi) south-south-east of the town of Myponga.
The conservation park consists of land in section 268 in the cadastral unit of the Hundred of Myponga. It came into existence on 24 January 1974 by proclamation under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972. As of 2016, it covered an area of 41 hectares (100 acres).
In 1980, it was described as follows:
A small park in steep, hilly terrain vegetated with open forest of Eucalyptus baxteri in association with E. Obliqua, E Leucoxylon and E Fasciculosa in the valleys. This association grades through to a scrub / heath of E. baxteri / E. osmophylla on the ridges. The understorey is typically a dense heath dominated by Xanthorrhoea, Pultenaea and Casuarina species, with Banksia ornata confined to the ridges. A wide diversity of bird species typical of the Adelaide hills area is represented in the park, including the uncommon beautiful firetail. The park is in a minimally disturbed condition, however its small size and cleared surrounds make it susceptible to deleterious external influences.
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (refer 'DETAIL' tab )". CAPAD 2016. Australian Government, Department of the Environment (DoE). 2016. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Search results for 'Yulte Conservation Park' with the following datasets selected – 'Suburbs and Localities', 'NPW and Conservation Properties', 'Hundreds', 'Roads', 'Recreational Trails' and 'Gazetteer'". Location SA Map Viewer. South Australian Government. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- Kneebone, A. F. (24 January 1974). "NATIONAL PARKS AND WILDLIFE ACT, 1972: YULTE CONSERVATION PARK CONSTITUTED" (PDF). South Australian Government Gazette. South Australian Government. p. 1501. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- "Protected Areas Information System Reserve List" (PDF). Government of South Australia. 14 December 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "Yulte Conservation Park, Myponga, SA, Australia (Place ID 7784)". Australian Heritage Database. Department of the Environment. 21 October 1980. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- This article incorporates text by Commonwealth of Australia available under the CC BY 3.0 AU licence.