Yuma station (Arizona)
281 South Gila Street|
Yuma, AZ 85364
|Line(s)||Union Pacific Railroad|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Station code||Amtrak code: YUM|
|Passengers (2017)||4,605 0.63%|
Yuma is an Amtrak station at 281 South Gila Street in Yuma, Arizona, United States. Passenger rail service is provided thrice-weekly in each direction by the Sunset Limited and the Texas Eagle over this portion of its route. The station's island platform, which is adjacent to the station building site, are accessible through a short pedestrian tunnel.
The former structure, Southern Pacific Railroad Depot (Yuma, Arizona), was built in 1926 by the Southern Pacific Railroad. After SP ceased passenger operations upon Amtrak's start in 1971, the station housed the Yuma Fine Arts Museum. The depot was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. The structure was devastated in a May 1993 fire and was razed in the summer of 1994.
There are three weekly trains in each direction:
- Westbound Train 1/421 departs at 11:49 pm Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Eastbound Train 2/422 departs at 2:47 am Monday, Thursday and Saturday
Train 1 is the Sunset Limited that runs from New Orleans, LA to Los Angeles, CA. Train 421 identifies through coaches and sleepers detached from Train 21, the Texas Eagle which originates in Chicago, IL, and attached to the Sunset Limited in San Antonio, TX.
Train 2 operates from Los Angeles to New Orleans, with coaches and sleepers designated as Train 422 detached in San Antonio and connected with the Chicago-bound Train 22.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2017, State of Arizona" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2017. Retrieved 12 January 2018.
- Wullenjohn, Chuck (December 12, 1994). "Yuma Needs a Proper Depot". Blog Archive. Arizona Rail Passenger Association. Retrieved April 2, 2010.
- Sunset Limited Schedule effective March 10, 2013 Archived August 15, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. (Retrieved September 3, 2013)
- Yuma Amtrak station information
- Amtrak – Stations – Yuma, AZ
- Yuma Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide – Train Web)
- Yuma (YUM)--Great American Stations (Amtrak)
|This Arizona railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|