Yummy Yummy Yummy
|"Yummy Yummy Yummy"|
Cover of the German release
|Single by Ohio Express|
|from the album The Ohio Express|
|Songwriter(s)||Arthur Resnick and Joey Levine|
Jerry Kasenetz, Jeff Katz, Joey Levine, Arthur Resnick|
Engineer: Bruce Staple
|Ohio Express singles chronology|
"Yummy Yummy Yummy" is a song by Arthur Resnick and Joey Levine, first recorded by Ohio Express in 1968. Their version reached No. 4 on the U.S. Pop Singles chart in June and No. 5 on the UK Singles Chart. It has since been covered by many artists. Ohio Express was a studio concoction and none of the "official" members appear on the record. Joey Levine sang lead vocals.
Joey Levine sang "Yummy Yummy Yummy" live for the first time ever in Henderson, Tennessee at the Caravan Of Stars XV, on May 17, 2008.
Time Magazine included it in its 2011 list of songs with silly lyrics. It ranked No. 2 in Dave Barry's Book of Bad Songs. It has been used in a commercial for Kinder chocolate, in The Simpsons in the episodes "Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie" and "The Heartbroke Kid", in Monty Python's Flying Circus in the episode "How Not to Be Seen" (facetiously credited to "Jackie Charlton and the Tonettes"), in Futurama in the episode "Saturday Morning Fun Pit", and in the "Last McSupper" scene of the film Super Size Me. The song also makes an appearance in the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2  and at the end of an episode of Timon and Pumbaa, where the titular characters perform it in the form of an animated music video. It is also featured in the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
|UK Singles Chart||5|
|Austrian Singles Chart||5|
|Canadian RPM Top Singles||1|
|Dutch Top 40||27|
|Irish Singles Chart||5|
|Swiss Singles Chart||8|
|US Billboard Pop Singles||4|
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Giorgio Moroder released a version as single A-side in 1968 (as Giorgio).
- Baccara recorded a Euro Pop version in the 1970s.
- Julie London recorded a cover for her album Yummy Yummy Yummy in 1968.
- The Residents recorded a cover for their album The Third Reich 'n Roll in 1975.
- "Artist Search for "ohio express"". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- Rollins, Samantha (2011-03-15). "The Ohio Express, 'Yummy Yummy Yummy' | Top 10 Songs with Silly Lyrics | TIME.com". Entertainment.time.com. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- Rollins, Samantha (2011-03-15). "The Beatles, 'I Am the Walrus' | Top 10 Songs with Silly Lyrics". TIME.com. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (2013) : Soundtracks". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- Steffen Hung. "Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy". Austriancharts.at. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "Top 40-lijst van week 30, 1968". Top40.nl. 1968-07-27. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "The Irish Charts Search the Charts". Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- Steffen Hung. "Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy". Hitparade.ch. Retrieved 2016-10-02.