Yummy Yummy Yummy
|"Yummy Yummy Yummy"|
Cover of the German release
|Single by Ohio Express|
|from the album The Ohio Express|
|Writer(s)||Arthur Resnick and Joey Levine|
|Producer(s)||Jerry Kasenetz, Jeff Katz, Joey Levine, Arthur Resnick
Engineer: Bruce Staple
|Ohio Express singles chronology|
"Yummy Yummy Yummy" is a bubblegum pop song by Arthur Resnick and Joey Levine, first recorded by Ohio Express in 1968. Their version reached No. 4 on the U.S. Pop Singles chart in June and No. 5 on the UK Singles Chart. It has since been covered by many artists. Ohio Express was a studio concoction and none of the "official" members appear on the record. Joey Levine sang lead vocals.
Joey Levine sang "Yummy Yummy Yummy" live for the first time ever in Henderson, Tennessee at the Caravan Of Stars XV, on May 17, 2008.
In the years since it was a hit, the song has become a standard. In Time Magazine's 2011 list of top 10 songs with silly lyrics it ranked No. 8. It ranked No. 2 in Dave Barry's Book of Bad Songs. It has been used in a commercial for Kinder chocolate, in The Simpsons in the episode "Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie", in Monty Python's Flying Circus in the episode "How Not to Be Seen" (facetiously credited to "Jackie Charlton and the Toenails"), in Futurama in the episode "Saturday Morning Fun Pit", and in the "Last McSupper" scene of the film Super Size Me. The song also makes an appearance in the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.
|UK Singles Chart||5|
|Austrian Singles Chart||5|
|Canadian RPM Top Singles||1|
|Dutch Top 40||27|
|Irish Singles Chart||5|
|Swiss Singles Chart||8|
|US Billboard Pop Singles||4|
- Giorgio Moroder released a version as single a-side in 1968 (as Giorgio).
- Baccara recorded a Euro Pop version in the 1970s.
Julie London recorded a cover for her album Yummy Yummy Yummy in 1970
- Ohio Express charting singles Retrieved October 14, 2011
- "Chart Stats - Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy". Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- Top 10 Songs with Silly Lyrics Retrieved March 2, 2014
- List of Top 10 songs with silly lyrics Time Magazine March 16, 2011
- "Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy - austriancharts.at (in German)". Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- "RPM Volume 9 No. 17, June 22, 1968 - RPM". Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 - Week 30, 1968 (in Dutch)". Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- "The Irish Charts Search the Charts". Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- "Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy - hitparade.ch (in German)". Retrieved May 21, 2009.