Yummy Yummy Yummy
|"Yummy Yummy Yummy"|
Cover of the German release
|Single by Ohio Express|
|from the album The Ohio Express|
|Writer(s)||Arthur Resnick and Joey Levine|
|Producer(s)||Jerry Kasenetz, Jeff Katz, Joey Levine, Arthur Resnick
Engineer: Bruce Staple
|Ohio Express singles chronology|
"Yummy Yummy Yummy" is a bubblegum pop song by Arthur Resnick and Joey Levine, first recorded by Ohio Express in 1968. Their version reached #4 in the U.S. Pop Singles chart in June and #5 in the UK Singles Chart. It has since been covered by many artists. Ohio Express was a studio concoction and none of the "official" members appear on the record. Joey Levine sang lead vocals.
Joey Levine sang "Yummy Yummy Yummy" live for the first time ever in Henderson, Tennessee at the Caravan Of Stars XV, on May 17, 2008.
In the years since it was a hit, the song has become a standard. In Time Magazine's 2011 list of top 10 songs with silly lyrics it ranked #8. It ranked #2 in Dave Barry's Book of Bad Songs. It has been used in a commercial for Kinder chocolate, in The Simpsons in the episode "Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie", in Monty Python's Flying Circus in the episode "How Not to Be Seen", in Futurama in the episode "Saturday Morning Fun Pit", and in the "Last McSupper" scene of the film Super Size Me. The song also makes an appearance in the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. 
|UK Singles Chart||5|
|Austrian Singles Chart||5|
|Canadian RPM Top Singles||1|
|Dutch Top 40||27|
|Irish Singles Chart||5|
|Swiss Singles Chart||8|
|US Billboard Pop Singles||4|
- Giorgio Moroder released a version as single a-side in 1968 (as Giorgio).
- An instrumental version of the song, played on a Moog synthesizer, was featured on the 1969 album entitled Switched-On Rock.
- Quinton Flynn and Ernie Sabella made a cover for this song as Timon and Pumbaa in an episode of their show The Lion King's Timon & Pumbaa.
Other cover versions were recorded by The Residents on The Third Reich 'n Roll (1976), Spanish disco group Baccara on their 1978 album Light My Fire, rockabilly band Elvis Hitler on their 1992 album Supersadomasochisticexpialidocious, and experimental rock band Tub Ring on their 1995 album ...And the Mashed Potato Mountain Etiquette.
In 1988, famous Serbian female rock singer Viktorija recorded a cover version of the song with lyrics in Serbian written by Riblja Čorba frontman Bora Đorđević. This version was entitled "Sami" ("Alone").
- Ohio Express charting singles Retrieved October 14, 2011
- "Chart Stats - Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy". Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- Top 10 Songs with Silly Lyrics Retrieved March 2, 2014
- List of Top 10 songs with silly lyrics Time Magazine March 16, 2011
- "Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy - austriancharts.at (in German)". Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- "RPM Volume 9 No. 17, June 22, 1968 - RPM". Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 - Week 30, 1968 (in Dutch)". Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- "The Irish Charts Search the Charts". Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- "Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy - hitparade.ch (in German)". Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMqs7rGwgwU Viktorija - "Sami" on YouTube