Yuneec International Typhoon H
|Year of creation||2016|
|Type||UAV and Multicopter|
|Purpose||Aerial photography and cinematography|
Significant features of the Typhoon H may be summarized as follows
- Ready to fly
- 3-axis anti-vibration gimbal camera with full 360° rotation, up to 4k resolution
- Retractable landing gear
- Front facing ultrasonic collision detection with optional INTEL REALSENSE collision avoidance
- Folding rotor arms
- Remote control incorporating built in 7" Android Tablet
- 22 minutes flight time
- Choice of 5.8 GHz or 2.4 GHz radio transmission
- ST16 radio transmitter with built in video streaming feed directly from Typhoon H
- CGO3+ 4K lens camera
- Autonomous flight with way points, orbit mode, follow me mode, and tracking mode
- GPS (Global Positioning System)
- Return to home feature which enables the pilot to press return to home and the Typhoon H will fly and land back at its starting point
- Altitude and position holding
- 5 rotor mode which enables the pilot to land safely if one motor is damaged during flight
- Durable and quality carbon fiber/hard plastic material
The Typhoon H is considered an upgrade to the DJI Phantom 3 and 4 and Spreading Wings model line as well as the DJI Inspire Pro and is designed specifically for aerial photography and cinematography.
A key reason why the Typhoon H has been successful in the aerial cinematography world and is often preferred to models like DJI's Phantom and Inspire, is because of the built in Android Tablet to the 2.4ghz transmitter. This provides built in telemetry and direct camera streaming. The drone is also known for its unusually high camera quality out of the box which companies such as DJI have lacked. Although the range on the Typhoon H is not as far as the DJI Phantom lineup, many professional cinematographers have said they prefer the low latency transmission  which DJI does not offer. Both drones do operate with full control well beyond eyesight.
Yuneec is now employing Mike McConville, a very famous and long time employee of Horizon Hobby. He is a world famous radio control pilot who is decorated with many awards and accomplishments in the radio control hobby. McConville is one of the first people to use and develop 2.4ghz radio bandwidth in RC technology. He is responsible for the creation of many RC models and drones. He is currently a senior employee at Yuneec International.
Yuneec announced on 1/9/2018 a big brother to the Typhoon H called the Typhoon H Plus. It will be the same design as the original, but with an improved camera, larger frame, and longer flight times.
- "Yuneec's Typhoon H camera drone is ready to fly and ready for travel". CNET. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- "Typhoon H hexacopter features folding landing gear, swivelling 4K camera and more". www.gizmag.com. Retrieved 2016-07-14.
- "DJI Phantom 4 vs Yuneec Typhoon H". www.drone-world.com. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- "12 Reasons to Consider the Yuneec Typhoon H (And NOT a DJI drone!)". Improve Photography. 2016-01-18. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- Intel shows drones that sense and avoid obstacles video, retrieved 2016-07-13