Yuneec Power Drive 60
|Power Drive 60|
|Type||Electric aircraft engine|
|Major applications||light aircraft|
Design and development
The Power Drive 60 is part of a family of scalable electric motor designs produced by Yuneec. The family of engines is designed to use the company's own power controller, Lithium polymer battery pack and charger, as an integrated package of components. This ensures that all components are compatible and also removes the need for aircraft builders to separately source components.
The Power Drive 60 is a brushless 133 volt design producing 60 kW (80 hp), with an outrunner. The low working rpm of the engine means that it can turn a propeller at efficient speeds without the need for a reduction drive.
Specifications (Power Drive 60)
- Engine type: Brushless electric aircraft engine
- Length: 209 mm (8.2 in)
- Width: 280 mm (11.0 in)
- Height: 280 mm (11.0 in)
- Weight: 30 kg (66 lb)
- Coil type: Outrunner
- Bearings: 2
- Reduction drive: none
- Cooling: air
- Voltage: 133 nominal
- Current drain, maximum: 342 A
- Current drain, cruise: 220 A
- Power: 60 kW (80 hp) at 2400 rpm
- Power to weight: 2.0 kW/kg
- Related lists
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 242-243 and 245. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Yuneec (2008). "Power Systems". Archived from the original on December 13, 2012. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- Yuneec (2008). "Power Drive System Specifications". Retrieved 16 December 2012.