According to ancient time geographer Strabon, the name of the Yunt Mountains in old times were Aspordenon. Aigai, one of the twelve cities of ancient Aeolis is on the Yunt Mountains in modern Manisa province. Gambrion and Paleogambrion cities, which are mentioned in Anabasis of Xenephon, are on the Yunt Mountains near Bergama and Kınık districts. In the Hellenistic Period, Philetairos, who was the founder of Pergamon Kingdom and Attalid Dynasty, built a sanctuary dedicated to Magna Mater, Kybele on the Yunt Mountains near Kınık district.
- Strabon, Geography (Books XII,XIII,XIV)
- Sefa Taşkın, Pergamon Kadınları,Arkeoloji ve Sanat Yayınları, 2011 - Page 54
- Strabon, Geography, (Books: XII,XIII,XIV)
- Esther V.Hansen, The Attalids of Pergamon, Cornell University Press, 1971
- Sefa Taşkın, Pergamon Kadınları,Arkeoloji ve Sanat Yayınları, 2011
|This article about an Aegean Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|