|Full name||The Soccer Stadium at Yurcak Field|
83 Fitch Rd.|
Piscataway, NJ 08854
|Owner||Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey|
|Operator||Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey|
|Field size||120 x 75 yards|
|Construction cost||$28 million + $102 million expansion|
Rutgers Scarlet Knights (NCAA) |
men's and women's soccer (1994-present)
men's and women's lacrosse (1994-2013)
New Jersey Pride (MLL) (2006–2008)
Sky Blue FC (WPS/NWSL)
Yurcak Field is a 5,000 seat soccer-specific stadium on the main campus of Rutgers University in Piscataway Township, New Jersey. Fully acknowledged as The Soccer Stadium at Yurcak Field, it is named in honor of Ronald N. Yurcak, a 1965 All-American Rutgers Lacrosse player. The stadium opened in 1994.
The stadium is the official home of the Rutgers Scarlet Knights men's and women's soccer teams and Sky Blue FC of the National Women's Soccer League. It was the home of the Rutgers men's and women's lacrosse teams from 1994 until 2013 when the Scarlet Knights' lacrosse teams moved to nearby HighPoint.com Stadium.
In 1999, Yurcak Field hosted a third round match of the 1999 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup between the Staten Island Vipers of the A-League and the MetroStars, now the New York Red Bulls, of Major League Soccer. In 2003, the stadium hosted two matches of the 2003 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. A quarter-final match between the New England Revolution and the MetroStars and a semi-final match between D.C. United and the MetroStars with the MetroStars winning both matches.
The facility has hosted the Division II & III NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championship games in 1998, 2001, and 2002. It was also the home the New Jersey Pride of Major League Lacrosse from 2006 through 2008.
In June 2015, it was announced that Yurcak Field would receive enhanced locker rooms, a new training room and new general office space in the coming years as part of a campus wide program to upgrade Rutgers athletic facilities.
- Rutgers University Scarlet Knights (June 11, 2017). "Yurcak Field". Rutgers University Scarlet Knights. Retrieved August 7, 2017.
- "Stadium". Sky Blue FC. August 7, 2017.
- "Rutgers lacrosse is a good draw". onthebanks.com. May 3, 2017. Retrieved August 7, 2017.
- "July 13, 1999 – Staten Island Vipers vs. MetroStars". funwhileitlasted.net. October 1, 2013. Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- "Guevara's goal late in sudden death sends MetroStars past New England 2-1". soccertimes.com. August 27, 2003. Retrieved August 11, 2017.
- "2017 US Open Cup Semi-Final & Finals hosting Draw". onceametro.com. July 14, 2017. Retrieved August 11, 2017.
- "Rutgers unveils plan for new and updated athletics facilities". app.com. June 18, 2015. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
|This article about a sports venue in New Jersey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|