From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yuri may refer to:
- Yury, the Slavic form of the given name George
- Yuri (Japanese name) (百合 "lily")
- Yu-ri (Korean name), Korean feminine given name
- The Yuri language (Amazon), an Amerindian language of Colombia and Brazil
- The Karkar language, a language isolate spoken in Papua New Guinea also known as "Yuri"
- Yuri, Akita, a former town in Akita Prefecture, Japan; now part of Yurihonjō
- Yuri District, Akita, a former district
- Yuri (island), one of the Kuril islands claimed by Japan
- Yuri Gagarin, first man in space
- Yuri Andropov, General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union
- Yuri of Goguryeo, possibly mythological monarch from the ancient Korean Peninsula
- Yuri Kochiyama, a Japanese American human rights activist
- Kwon Yuri, a South Korean singer, member of Girls' Generation
- Yuri (Korean singer), member of Girl Friends
- Yuri (Mexican singer)
- Yuri (Japanese singer), vocalist of the band Move
- Yuriy Kozhanov, a Kazakh basketball player
- Yuri (genre) (百合 "lily"), a Japanese term referring to female homosexual content in fiction, especially anime and manga
- Yuri (satellite), the first dedicated Japanese broadcasting satellite and start of the BS-series
- Typhoon Yuri (disambiguation)
- Human-powered helicopter#Yuri I – a human-powered helicopter developed in Japan
- Unit of measure: The International Space Elevator Consortium has proposed the "Yuri" as a name for the SI units describing specific strength. Specific strength is of fundamental importance in the description of space elevator cable materials. One Yuri is conceived to be the SI unit for yield stress (or breaking stress) per unit of density of a material under tension. So, the units for one Yuri are Pa m3 / kg. This unit is equivalent to one N m / kg, which is the breaking/yielding force per linear density of the cable under tension. A functional space elevator would require a tether of 30-80 MegaYuri.
- George (given name)
- Yūrei, figures in Japanese folklore, analogous to Western legends of ghosts
- Yūri-kinsai, Japanese ceramic technique
- Yuriko (disambiguation)
- Juri (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Yuri.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.