Sakharov was twice Ukrainian Champion in 1966 and 1968. He participated in many Ukrainian championships, tying for 4-6th in 1946 (Anatoly Bannik won), tying for 3rd-4th in 1947 (Alexey Sokolsky won), tying for 6-9th in 1949 (Isaac Lipnitsky won), taking 5th in 1951 (Bannik won), taking 2nd, behind Efim Geller, in 1958, tying for 4-5th in 1959 (Geller won), sharing 1st with Leonid Stein but lost to him a match for the title (+1 −3 =2) in 1960, tying for 3rd-4th in 1961 (Yuri Kots won), taking 3rd in 1962 (Stein won), and tying for 2nd-3rd in 1964 (Bannik won).
- British Chess Magazine: Magazine, Older Issues Available Archived November 6, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Gaige, Jeremy (1987), Chess Personalia, A Biobibliography, McFarland, p. 369, ISBN 0-7864-2353-6
- Konstantin Maliszewski Chess Page : Ukrainian Championships : 1940-49 years
- Konstantin Maliszewski Chess Page : Ukrainian Championships : 1950-59 years
- Konstantin Maliszewski Chess Page : Ukrainian Championships : 1960-69 years
|This biographical article relating to a Ukrainian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|