Yuri Valentinovich Nesterenko
Yuri Valentinovich Nesterenko (Russian: Ю́рий Валенти́нович Нестере́нко; born December 5, 1946 in Kharkiv, USSR now Ukraine) is a Soviet and Russian mathematician who has written papers in algebraic independence theory and transcendental number theory.
- the numbers π, eπ, and Γ(1/4) are algebraically independent over Q.
- the numbers π, , and Γ(1/3) are algebraically independent over Q.
- for all positive integers n, the numbers π, are algebraically independent over Q.
He is a professor at Moscow State University, where he completed the mechanical-mathematical program in 1969, then the doctorate program (Soviet habilitation) in 1973, became a professor of the Number Theory Department in 1992.
- Nesterenko, Y. (1996). "Modular Functions and Transcendence Problems". Comptes Rendus de l'Académie des Sciences, Série I. 322 (10): 909–914.
- Ostrowski Foundation (August 1998). "Nesterenko and Pisier Share Ostrowski Prize" (PDF). Notices of the AMS.
- A picture
- Web page at Moscow State University (in Russian); switch to Windows-1251 encoding if your browser does not render correctly.
- Yuri Valentinovich Nesterenko at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
|This article about a Russian mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|