Zhevnov with Ural Sverdlovsk Oblast in 2015
|Full name||Yuri Vladimirovich Zhevnov|
|Date of birth||17 April 1981|
|Place of birth||Dobrush, Belarusian SSR, Soviet Union|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|1998||→ Smena-BATE Minsk (loan)||5||(0)|
|2000||→ RShVSM-Olympia Minsk||2||(0)|
|2010–2013||Zenit St. Petersburg||15||(0)|
|2015–2016||Ural Sverdlovsk Oblast||11||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 4 December 2015.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 31 December 2015
Zhevnov started his career at third division. In 2000, he was signed by BATE Borisov. During UEFA Cup 2001/02 qualification match against FC Dinamo Tbilisi Zhevnov scored a goal from his own half. In 2005, was signed by FC Moscow. On 23 February 2010 Zenit St. Petersburg signed the Belarus international goalkeeper from FC Moscow on a four-year deal.
Zhevnov is the current Captain of the Belarus national football team and has made over 30 appearances. On 3 September 2010, Zhevnov captained Belarus to a shocking 1-0 victory over France at the Stade de France."This is definitely one of the biggest wins in our history, but it's going to take a bit of time before we realise what we've done," said Zhevnov. "Victories give you strength and confidence, so we hope to build on this." Belarus have never appeared in a major tournament, and Zhevnov has set qualification out of Group D for the UEFA Euro 2012 tournament as the team's primary goalkeeper.
Zenit Saint Petersburg
- Russian Premier League champion: 2010, 2011–12
- Russian Cup winner: 2009–10
- Russian Super Cup winner: 2011
- Yuri Zhevnov at National-Football-Teams.com
- "Юрий Жевнов – игрок «Зенита»!" [Yuri Zhevnov - a player for «Zenit»!] (in Russian). Retrieved 23 February 2010.
- Yuriy Zhaunou – FIFA competition record
- "Belarus – Record International Players". RSSSF. Archived from the original on October 24, 2008. Retrieved 15 October 2008.
- Matthew Spiro (4 September 2010). "Zhevnov reveals Belarus disbelief at Paris win". UEFA. Retrieved 5 September 2010.